Issue has been be solved but I would like some opinions...PLEASE. (Liberty .05)

Sithlrdvad

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Hello all!

Ok in a nut shell:

I was running Liberty .05 and I installed the IMOSEYON tweak.
So far my X was running smooth fast and great battery, until this; I downloaded the Disneyland MouseWait app from the market (since we were going to Disneyland yesterday) we get to the park and I decided to check the app and then I went to a section in the bottom called "Season Pass Holders" I think and the app froze. Try to close won't let me so I just decided to hit home.

Before we enter the park I checked the app again and still frozen, so I decided to do a battery pull. Then the mess up happen, I went into a bootloop where the Liberty "fist" symbol appears. I was like that all day!!! I event tried pulling out the battery and holding the power button then putting the battery in just like Wildman said in order to go to Bootstrap, NOTHING.

Anyhow I get home connect the cell in the charger...I don't know why but I decided to turn it on and IT WENT TO BOOTSTRAP, I flashed a back up and there!! It worked!!

So what the hell happen!!?? Anyone?

Also I know my only choice was to SBF but I hate doing that (done it 2 times, its pain in the you know what). My MAIN question: HOW DO YOU GET INTO BOOTSTRAP when you are IN A BOOTLOOP??

Thank you and sorry for the long Thread:-\

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
If I knew exactly what the IMOSEYAN tweak was Id be able to help cuz Ive been thru all the Liberties nightlies up to current and never had a problem. Maybe, and this is a reach, the X just decided to lock up then. The boot loop concerns me though

Sithlrdvad

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
It was really frustrating man. I mean the whole day without a phone kills me. Aside from this addiction I do sales (thank God yesterday was a holiday)

But yeah the boot loop was scary, I been messing with my X since I got it and only 2 times I been in a boot loop: This time and back when I was running .591 and I tried to flash a Honeycomb animation that wasn't for my build.

But back then I SBF back to Froyo and it was a pain in the you know what to go back to my usual settings. Wildman fixed the animation and he told me in order to get to Bootstrap when in a boot loop I have to removed the battery wait 5 seconds press the power button for 5 secs and then installed the battery, but with this boot loop on Liberty that did nothing. I am just lucky connecting it to the AC and turn it on made it go to Bootstrap.

To be honest I am being a little concern with my X right now :(

phazm

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
To access recovery;
battery pull, then re-insert
plug charger in
boot phone normally
It will go into bootstrap recovery

While you are there - to see if app problem can be fixed
1) wipe cache 3-5 times in bootstrap
2) reboot and see what happens

Still looping;
1) go into bootstrap
2) wipe data and cache 3-5 times
3) reboot and see what happens

If using TIBU - restore aps - not data - reconfigure aps as needed - although coming from gb and going to gb shouldn't be a problem, I have had to do the same to get things back to nomral again.

Good luck!!

Sithlrdvad

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
To access recovery;
battery pull, then re-insert
plug charger in
boot phone normally
It will go into bootstrap recovery

While you are there - to see if app problem can be fixed
1) wipe cache 3-5 times in bootstrap
2) reboot and see what happens

Still looping;
1) go into bootstrap
2) wipe data and cache 3-5 times
3) reboot and see what happens

If using TIBU - restore aps - not data - reconfigure aps as needed - although coming from gb and going to gb shouldn't be a problem, I have had to do the same to get things back to nomral again.

Good luck!!

Thanks man!!

My issue its been solved, lucky i got it to worked yesterday.

I was mainly curious, if i got into a bootloop again, how to access bootstrap.

Thanks!!

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks man!!

My issue its been solved, lucky i got it to worked yesterday.

I was mainly curious, if i got into a bootloop again, how to access bootstrap.

Thanks!!

Looks like carrying a charger w/ you would've helped that day. ;-)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Sithlrdvad

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Looks like carrying a charger w/ you would've helped that day. ;-)

True that man...I had a frustrating day at the beginning since I wanted to take pictures and videos but oh well...what made me forget about my cell was finally riding the new Star Tours 3D. Believe me when I tell you if you are a Star Wars fan this new ride is well worth the wait.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
True that man...I had a frustrating day at the beginning since I wanted to take pictures and videos but oh well...what made me forget about my cell was finally riding the new Star Tours 3D. Believe me when I tell you if you are a Star Wars fan this new ride is well worth the wait.

tHANKS, I'll check it out in July!

(Imoseyon won't take in the official Gingerbread .596 unless you delete busybox in system/bin/)

that's if u see this when you run the (checktweak.sh) script in terminal.

/ # checktweak.sh
Minfree tweaks are not enabled!
expr: syntax error
Sysctl tweaks are not enabled!
Crond is not enabled!
---
ash: 4: unknown operand
Everything is good!

I found this solution in the comments section ;)

Sithlrdvad

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
tHANKS, I'll check it out in July!

(Imoseyon won't take in the official Gingerbread .596 unless you delete busybox in system/bin/)

that's if u see this when you run the (checktweak.sh) script in terminal.

/ # checktweak.sh
Minfree tweaks are not enabled!
expr: syntax error
Sysctl tweaks are not enabled!
Crond is not enabled!
---
ash: 4: unknown operand
Everything is good!

I found this solution in the comments section ;)

Oh wow nice. The imoseyon tweak went good on my end after I flashed it right after Liberty .06 which is based out of .596.

I read the change log but in English terms that a noob like me can understand...what does this tweak do??

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Since this is still a Liberty thread i must ask. Wasnt there a Liberty updater in the notify bar when they dropped a new nightly or am I imagining things again?

Sithlrdvad

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Since this is still a Liberty thread i must ask. Wasnt there a Liberty updater in the notify bar when they dropped a new nightly or am I imagining things again?

I did not saw anything on my notification bar when .06 got released, I saw it after I fixed my issue and went to installed the .05 again, I saw it on the Toolbox not in my bar.

And even when I installed the .05 and ran my x for about 3 hours nothing pop up.

Did you saw it for other nightlies??

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I wana say that yes I have...maybe it was in .04.. well amyway i dont even have to think of looking for amy flaws on this .06 .596 cuz their are none for me

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Funny thing is that it seems that me and you are the only ones running Liberty Gingerbread in this forums

I'm waiting for the complete, unedited, final Liberty to land before I jump in w/ 2 feet.

The Imoseyon tweak changes stock settings to help extend battery life and help things move more smoothly, where these settings are or what/how these changes relate to the overall experience would be a wild guess for me. I know the tweaks help free up ram so that you have less force closers when several apps are open. Default is 30 mb free where the tweak gives you 80 mb.The SD card speed boast is interesting, not sure how that was accomplished. He also automates the dropping of "cache" (a block of memory for temporary storage of data likely to be used again) which can build over time and cause sluggish behavior. I think set for 3 am every morning. These could be manually set in sysctl (what!?!?) Thats why i just flashed the zip instead of trying all of the above myself, Thanks Imoseyon!!

What I have noticed is when any theme or rom updates are applied the Imoseyon tweaks are dropped, (themes and updates carry their own information that override current settings and/or tweaks) build.props for example. I just run the "checktweak.sh" in emulator to see if it's still there now, where as before (froyo) it was "pgrep -f crond"

Yea so Liberty looks like it's gonna be the cats meow eh?:)