Issue my new s24 plus

missy8787

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
So just now my phone got rly hot and wouldn't turn on the screen was completely black it wouldn't even let me reboot my phone then out of the blue it restarted itself but now my phones going slow and acting up with anything I go to do

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
What were you doing before it got really hot? There have been a few times this past week and a half where mine got warmer than normal and battery dropped from over 90% to under 70% in just a couple of hours. Wireless charging would stop at around 76%. I would have to plug it in to get it to completely charge (and no, I don't have battery protect on).

I had to restart it each time.

Try wiping the cache partition.

Shut off phone
Press and hold Pwr + Vol Up buttons together.
When you see the Samsung logo let go.
Scroll down to Wipe cache partition and select it.
Select Yes
Reboot phone

To be honest, I don't know what is causing it for me. When I looked at battery usage, Google Play services was using the most battery. I'm not sure why. I've also been using Whatsapp more than normal this past week.

missy8787

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
What were you doing before it got really hot? There have been a few times this past week and a half where mine got warmer than normal and battery dropped from over 90% to under 70% in just a couple of hours. Wireless charging would stop at around 76%. I would have to plug it in to get it to completely charge (and no, I don't have battery protect on).

I had to restart it each time.

Try wiping the cache partition.

Shut off phone
Press and hold Pwr + Vol Up buttons together.
When you see the Samsung logo let go.
Scroll down to Wipe cache partition and select it.
Select Yes
Reboot phone

To be honest, I don't know what is causing it for me. When I looked at battery usage, Google Play services was using the most battery. I'm not sure why. I've also been using Whatsapp more than normal this past week.
Literally just was sitting in my hand doing nothing lol every since that happened though now my phones being a pain it's freezing on me and keeps getting randomly warm

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
What's a forced update? I've never had one of those before
When either google or your carrier runs an update to your phones' OS or UI, (which btw, typically depletes you phones' available RAM and available storage, while also often slowing your phone down), without you okaying it (or sometimes even knowing about it), much less approving of it, or scheduling it (often times even if you have re-scheduled it), because like microsoft, and most of the other mighty tech giants, they either think that they are the true owner's of your device, (a device that you've paid for, typically, with your hard-earned money), or because they think they know what's best for every device running android, or a carrier specific UI, no matter what you, the owner of the device thinks, or have decided.

Those are just my personal observations . .1711405088681.png. . whilst I run headlong for the nearby bunker!

Last edited:

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
When either google or your carrier runs an update to your phones' OS or UI, (which btw, typically depletes you phones' available RAM and available storage, while also often slowing your phone down), without you okaying it (or sometimes even knowing about it), much less approving of it, or scheduling it (often times even if you have re-scheduled it), because like microsoft, and most of the other mighty tech giants, they either think that they are the true owner's of your device, (a device that you've paid for, typically, with your hard-earned money), or because they think they know what's best for every device running android, or a carrier specific UI, no matter what you, the owner of the device thinks, or have decided.

Those are just my personal observations . .View attachment 361207. . whilst I run headlong for the nearby bunker!
Yeah....no. Samsung phones don't work that way. When Samsung or the carriers push and update via OTA you have to click the install. It won't automatically do it. Even with the new A55, you still have to click install to let it install in the background.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So just now my phone got rly hot and wouldn't turn on the screen was completely black it wouldn't even let me reboot my phone then out of the blue it restarted itself but now my phones going slow and acting up with anything I go to do
Go to settings>device care>check app battery issues or app issues
6d5e624006be224a5458f270687a1641.jpg
a5f281d5c75cdabbb7a242b0855ca1ae.jpg

Reactions: Laura Knotek

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Yeah....no. Samsung phones don't work that way. When Samsung or the carriers push and update via OTA you have to click the install. It won't automatically do it. Even with the new A55, you still have to click install to let it install in the background.
Yeah....yeah. While they haven't on our S23's w\Xfinity Mobile—over the last 7 months—updates used to automatically run & install regularly when we were with AT&T (over the last 14 years), without us clicking on anything. They auto ran on their own, without us approving and/or clicking them... on our iPhone2's, iPhone3GS's, Galaxy S2 Skyrockets, Galaxy SIII, Galaxy Note3, Galaxy Note4, Galaxy S7 Active, and Galaxy Note8.

In fact, several times when I was on urgent business calls & texts! Interrupting my calls and delaying my re-connecting for 10 mins or so. I don't recall whether they were typ AT&T, though as I recall, there were also Apple and/or Android updates that did the same. :unsure: They would auto/force run - every time we didn't agree/or click to update - over a period of time. Which was rather annoying each time it happened, (as they also always seemed to thence bloat and slow our phones' down, as well as depleting battery performance, while also depleting the phones' available RAM & storage), and they happened regularly (every 3or4 months or so), whether or not we were on an emergency call or text.

Anyhoo, perhaps for similar reasons as Apple claimed and tried to justify, during Apple's 'batterygate/software throttling' class-action lawsuit.

EDIT: But if they were typ AT&T's updates . . . then nevermind. ;)

Last edited:

missy8787

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Yeah....yeah. While they haven't on our S23's w\Xfinity Mobile—over the last 7 months—updates used to automatically run & install regularly when we were with AT&T (over the last 14 years), without us clicking on anything. They auto ran on their own, without us approving and/or clicking them... on our iPhone2's, iPhone3GS's, Galaxy S2 Skyrockets, Galaxy SIII, Galaxy Note3, Galaxy Note4, Galaxy S7 Active, and Galaxy Note8.

In fact, several times when I was on urgent business calls & texts! Interrupting my calls and delaying my re-connecting for 10 mins or so. I don't recall whether they were typ AT&T, though as I recall, there were also Apple and/or Android updates that did the same. :unsure: They would auto/force run - every time we didn't agree/or click to update - over a period of time. Which was rather annoying each time it happened, (as they also always seemed to thence bloat and slow our phones' down, as well as depleting battery performance, while also depleting the phones' available RAM & storage), and they happened regularly (every 3or4 months or so), whether or not we were on an emergency call or text.

Anyhoo, perhaps for similar reasons as Apple claimed and tried to justify, during Apple's 'batterygate/software throttling' class-action lawsuit.

EDIT: But if they were typ AT&T's updates . . . then nevermind. ;)
That's y I left apple I had an iPhone 13 pro and the last few updates I couldn't do cus it wanted me to buy more storage and every update I did something new would go wrong with my phone

Reactions: winmod21

missy8787

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
I just checked mine and it's running great. It's at around 75% battery and it's been off the charger for almost 9 hours now.
Same I'm wondering if it was just a random thing that happened cus I'm at 56% with it being off the charger since 5am and also my phone hasn't heated up again either it's been snappy and working great

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Same I'm wondering if it was just a random thing that happened cus I'm at 56% with it being off the charger since 5am and also my phone hasn't heated up again either it's been snappy and working great
Does it seem to happen when you get home and connect to your home WiFi? There is no WiFi in my building where I work, so it is turned off (the WiFi) all day. I noticed it was heating up and battery life got worse over the weekend while I was at home. I don't use my phone as much at home, I use my tablet and PCs more while at home.

The problem, is like you said, it seems random.