Issue with H+ and 3g switching

trayes77

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I have wigetsoid and wp clock 2. Both of these apps let me know, when Im on H, if its connected to 3g or HSPA+. These past several days I switch to H+ and it defaults to 3g when using data. I know that H and 3g switch normally to conserve battery. But its switching in reverse. Meaning, H+ is in standby and 3g when using data.

My phone is not rooted and I have not played with apn settings. I did however redt apn to default to see if that had any effect. It didnt. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any fixes that anyone can suggest? Thanks

trayes77

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Im on tmobile in 4g coverage. My speeds have increased since this post so maybe it was network testing or what have you. The trouble with the European G Nex is that it constantly say H. I could tell it was switching to 3g when data being used caused I would see 3g in the aforementioned apps and I would go to about phone and it would say gprs or umts.

Will post different if issues comes up again.

dcdttu

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
I have a European GN on T-Mobile and it has been behaving normally for about 6 months in Austin with Faux-G coverage. I've used a multitude of radios (mainly to try to stop this damn phone from losing data entirely several times a day).

My problem, as mentioned above, is that the 3G/H entirely goes away and I lose data for no apparent reason. Sometimes airplane mode fixes it. If not, I have to reboot. Calls and SMS still work, but data just goes away with Settings saying that I am connected, but I'm not.

So far AOKP 4.0.4 with Franco Kernel seems to have reduced this occuring about once every 2 days.

I also notice that my data 'sticks' from time to time. The H will come on, and the data arrows will start going on and off in a pattern, but no data is flowing. I have to use airplane mode for this.

LOVE this phone and T-Mobile, but I've never had a phone so unwilling to stay connected to data in my life!

shp3r1uk

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
I have this problem all the time.
I work on a ship and use the phone a lot for tethering and I get a lot of internet connection problems when it switches to H+ sometimes it locks in it for 10 mins or more and I cannot use internet on my laptop.This is on samsung galaxy s2.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar