Issue with swiftkey in messaging after MM update

SouthernblondeLKS

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Ever since the Marshmallow update, my messaging has been a bit glitchy when it comes to the swiftkey glide typing. If the phone has been asleep or off and I go to the messaging feature and try to swipe the first word, I see the swipe on the screen (the gesture trail lag of where my finger slides across the keyboard), but the word does not show up in the message screen. Now if I type the first word and then start swiping it will usually work. I can also usually get it to work if I close the keyboard (leaving the messaging screen up) and then open the keyboard back up. I'm currently using the default messenger with the gboard (slide/glide feature on, all settings seem right). I've also noticed that when this happens that the "suggested words" bar (the little bar in between the keyboard and the message screen that suggest three common words to start your sentence with..."I'm, They, What" ect) is empty. But when I close the keyboard and then open it back up the word suggestions are there. It's almost like the messenger is loading, but the dictionary is not (or is at least being much slower to load). I've tried clearing my cache, a soft reset, and checking all my settings, but it's still happening. Is anyone else having any issues with it? Any suggestions? I've attached two screenshots to show what I mean about the words being there vs not being there. (unfortunately I wasn't quick enough to screenshot the swipe issue I'm talking about).

The first (no suggestion for words...this is when I can't swipe my message, but can manually type letters)
No words.jpg

The second (where the dictionary has returned to normal and I can swipe)
words.jpg

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I've tried clearing my cache, a soft reset, and checking all my settings, but it's still happening. Is anyone else having any issues with it? Any suggestions?

I don't use Swiftkey anymore, and don't have this phone, but I think the next thing I'd suggest is uninstalling and then reinstalling the app. Good luck.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I used to love Swiftkey, but this is one of the reasons I left it for Google Keyboard, now known as GBoard. Another reason was the word prediction got wonky and unpredictable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred