Issues with bluetooth on G4.

charley85

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi

I have just purchased a New G4. Coming from a G3, I often had issues with my G3 as others have mentioned here, when playing music over bluetooth. I would often get stuttering and sound crackles, pops and gaps, only lasting about half a second but enough to become annoying.

I'm sad to report I have this issue on my new G4.

I read this could be something to do with Android as an OS rather than the phone, as other users of other Android phones ie: Note 4 have also had this, particularly when the screen is locked.

Is this just something I need to put up with? Or is there something I can change in the settings that perhaps I am unaware of.

Many thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App

maybish

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
I know some people have reported sounds over the Bluetooth. I play my music in the car via Bluetooth and it sounds amazing. Are you using headphones or your car system?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

charley85

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi

Thank you for your reply.

I am using a wireless bluetooth speaker, a sound bar. It works fine with my MacBook, but I get the issues with my G4. Particularly when the screen is locked.

Many Thanks.

mmohn01

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Do you have background sync turned on for any fitness trackers or Smart Watches? I had issues when my Fitbit would sync automatically. I turned off the background sync, and it works great now.

charley85

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Thankyou for your responses

I have tried turning off sync. It still occurrs, its usually about once or twice per song. But annoying enough to get my attention.

I havent tried clearing the cache but i only just set up the phone this morning.

What do you think I should do?

I have an old crummy 4S that streams without hitch over bluetooth. I expected the same from my new LG really.

Many thanks.

Soreloser

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I had the issue that you describe with a Note 4 as well as the replacement Note 4 that AT&T sent. I have NOT had the issue with my G4. Since I stream music to my Bluetooth headset for around 4-5 hours per day, that is the reason my wife is now using the Note 4 and I am still using the G4.

scruff24

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I have about 6 different Bluetooth devices that work as they should WITH the G4. However, my car does not have streaming music over bluetooth. And I CANNOT for the life of me get it to pair with the car. Which is frustrating. Any Suggestions?

kirby2096

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
What app are you using for your music? I've found that the sound glitches are at their worst with Poweramp, but they don't occur when I'm using the stock music player or Google Play Music. I've switched over to GoneMad Music player now, and the issue only pops up once every few hours rather than every other track.

charley85

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Hello

Thankyou for your reply

The issue occurs once or twice every song, using the stock music player, google play music, and amazon prime music.

It's the same on my G3, So I am wondering if this is an LG/Android issue perhaps?

Many Thanks

mmohn01

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Maybe try unpairing all bluetooth devices (fitbit, watch, car, etc. ) except the headset you are using. Then pair them back one at a time to see if any of the other devices might be causing it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20