Issues with Note 8

leodgr81

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so far I have discovered 2 issues with my Note 8 on Verizon. I can't change the notification sound for text message from the Verizon Alert using the Samsung Messaging App. Next issue is the camera, I cannot get into the settings. When I am in the Camera App and go to settings the setting page opens for about 2 seconds then disappears. Hopefully I will not find any other issues.
Is anyone else having similar issues or other ones?

leodgr81

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I got the notification sound for text messages solved but I still can not get into the camera settings. When I open it closes after 2 seconds. I tried opening it when the camera is open and also from in the app section and it does the same thing opens for 2 seconds and then closes. I can't change any of the settings for the camera. What am I missing here?

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I got the notification sound for text messages solved but I still can not get into the camera settings. When I open it closes after 2 seconds. I tried opening it when the camera is open and also from in the app section and it does the same thing opens for 2 seconds and then closes. I can't change any of the settings for the camera. What am I missing here?

I know it's a pain but consider a factory reset if it doesn't clear, but first try clearing the cache on reboot, might be worth a go before a reset.
Did you try restarting the phone?

leodgr81

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
So I disabled the camera - force stop - cleared cache - power down - restart - enable camera and still no settings menu. I think I might call verizon before I do a factory reset. I wonder if I can use smart switch do a backup then factory reset then restore so I don't have to go through the process of installing everything that took me 2 days to do.

leodgr81

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
ok so I backed up Mote using smart switch did a factory reset then a restore with smart switch and Camera settings page now works..........issue resolved

tjk17

Sep 11, 2017
Visit site
Ok, so far I have discovered 2 issues with my Note 8 on Verizon. I can't change the notification sound for text message from the Verizon Alert using the Samsung Messaging App. Next issue is the camera, I cannot get into the settings. When I am in the Camera App and go to settings the setting page opens for about 2 seconds then disappears. Hopefully I will not find any other issues.
Is anyone else having similar issues or other ones?

Hi Everyone! I'm new to the forum, but I've always been a lurker! I've been a loyal Note owner, and received my pre-order last Thursday. Since then, I have noticed two things:
  1. Headphones - when I use the AKG headphones that came with the phone, the sound still comes from the phone, and not the headphones. I have to restart the phone in order for the sound to go through the headphones! Is anyone else experiencing this or is there a setting that I need to toggle?
  2. Marco Polo App - I use this app often. On my Note 4 and Note 5, the video quality (when I'm recording) was always clear. When I record a video with the Note 8, it's a little grainy. Let me be clear and say that the video and camera outside of the app is perfection; it's only when I use the app, the quality is not par at all. What could this be?
I'm thinking about exchanging for another Note 8 if these two items are true defects with the phone. Has anyone experienced either of my issues? Do you think I should return and ask for another Note?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. - I'm a Sprint customer.

Last edited:

leodgr81

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Where did you find the camera settings?

Open up the camera app and on the upper right you will see the settings wheel click on that

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi Everyone! I'm new to the forum, but I've always been a lurker! I've been a loyal Note owner, and received my pre-order last Thursday. Since then, I have noticed two things:
  1. Headphones - when I use the AKG headphones that came with the phone, the sound still comes from the phone, and not the headphones. I have to restart the phone in order for the sound to go through the headphones! Is anyone else experiencing this or is there a setting that I need to toggle?
  2. Marco Polo App - I use this app often. On my Note 4 and Note 5, the video quality (when I'm recording) was always clear. When I record a video with the Note 8, it's a little grainy. Let me be clear and say that the video and camera outside of the app is perfection; it's only when I use the app, the quality is not par at all. What could this be?
I'm thinking about exchanging for another Note 8 if these two items are true defects with the phone. Has anyone experienced either of my issues? Do you think I should return and ask for another Note?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. - I'm a Sprint customer.
based on the headphone jack issue I would exchange asap

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
So I disabled the camera - force stop - cleared cache - power down - restart - enable camera and still no settings menu. I think I might call verizon before I do a factory reset. I wonder if I can use smart switch do a backup then factory reset then restore so I don't have to go through the process of installing everything that took me 2 days to do.
Are you scrolling to the left while the camera is open?

Jadams2276

Sep 20, 2017
Visit site
I had the same problem with the camera settings. Go into the developer settings, under applications, and deselect "do not keep activities".

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170920-082358.jpg
    Screenshot_20170920-082358.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 35