Its official... dead end at Gingerbread

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Motorola updated their list of devices to receive ICS. Guess what.... Admiral will remain on 2.3.

Can't say I'm totally surprised since it only has 512mb RAM but at the same time, why would they bother to put out a "workhorse" phone with the all new Sprint DC and not make it good enough for ICS?

Also can't really say I'm totally disappointed. I'm in NJ which is slated to be in the first round of LTE upgrades (according to the rumor mill). Once that happens, I'm sure I'll be looking for a new LTE device anyway.

Check out the official Motorola list here

Hvacmanjc

May 22, 2012
Visit site
I agree. I use a Photon as Primary but also have an Admiral. It is a really nice and well made phone. They could have made it just a bit bigger and updated the hardware to compete.

Sent from my MB855 using Android Central Forums

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I think the size is fine. I wouldn't expect a huge screen & a hardware keyboard. It's a phone, not a tablet. But really, going from 512mb to 1gb RAM would only have cost them a few dollars (literally) and it would have made a huge difference in performance. Not to mention that then we would most likely be on the path to ICS.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I was excited about this phone when it was rumored and making the blurry cam appearances but when it was announced it was apparent this was put out just so moto could bang out another phone. It was lacking high end features which pushed me away. I really dig keyboards being an old school BB guy but limited storage (comparatively to say photon), no hdmi out or webtop, and this had a flashing sign on it saying "We'll never advance this phones OS"

Who knows, maybe some day an OEM will make a solid device similar in design but with high end specs. I'd rather pay $600 for a phone i love than $300 for a phone thats meh

postalmoose

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I think this sucks. I love this phone with more RAM it would be kick ass! Oh well another gadget outdated before I have had it for a year! Don't get this!

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't make any sense. Sprint is advertising the hell out of their "NEW" direct connect and this is the ONLY smartphone they offer that uses the new DC. Seems like a bad business decision to me. The Admiral is like taking a hot sports car and putting a 4 cylinder engine under the hood. Or, since they are touting it as a business class/ work phone, maybe I should say its a tri-axle dump truck with a 4 cylinder engine :confused: