"I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

spiff_p239

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
My thoughts exactly. I could live with the white/champagne model to get it in 2 days versus 3 weeks...

I just ordered one from Amazon (black 32GB model) and it has the same delivery date as the one I ordered from Motorola. I had ordered a Deep Sea Blue back but don't really care either way. My reason for ordering one through Amazon is to save the $27 in sales tax. I may end up getting the new LG Nexus when it comes out so any money that I can avoid losing in resale value will help.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: "I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

Damn! missed the Fedex delivery this morning and it will not be delivered until Monday! ARRRRGGGGGGG
It goes from China to my front door in 1 GD Day and then will sit it a fedex truck for 3 days.....what is wrong with this picture!!

Carly Simon said it best: Anticipaaatioonnn :) ;)

LandonVanBus

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site

I ordered mine on the 3rd with a ship date of 9/15. When I check my order status it lists it as being built. When I talk to chat support they tell me it shipped on the 15th. When I CALL Motorola they tell me the same as the order status. No clue who to believe but I very much doubt my phone will get here on time.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

But Motorola isn't eating 10GB on the 16GB or 32GB version, so why so much on his 64GB?

Something is wrong since the device does not even show the correct available memory like it normally should. I wonder if they skimped on the 64GB and they really are not 64GB flash? That or there is a partition error, but the total should still show, but in an additional allocation.

Oh well, I am going jogging since no Moto to toy with :) Mine is still in build purgatory.

caryds

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm at my local Verizon store and they are refusing to activate my Moto X Pure because their system can't find the IMEI.

Posted via the Android Central App
Someone else posted that they had the same problem in the Moto Forum:

"This has since been resolved. The first lady never called me back, so I called back. I received this really awesome rep. He knew what he was talking about. It took him 5 minutes. He said in that case they just activate the SIM without an IMEI number. So, I am all set and ready to go, but just for reference if anyone else gets that issue they need to just activate it without the IMEI number."

Hope this helps!

Lawbreaker

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

I only got accurate emails from motorola for the original X (2013). And they came through a day or two early with every one I ordered. For various reasons I went through 4 of them.
With the 2014 version I didn't get accurate shipping emails or status updates. The first one, I received the phone the day I got the "We're shipping it" email. That goes for the other 3 replacements of this one as well. But they always made the promised delivery date.

Im hoping they do this time as well.

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Ahhh, just checked and my phone was delivered to my office this morning! I won't be there until Tuesday so it will be nice to come back from vacation to it. :)

Posted with an HTC One M8 via Android Central App

mxgirl467

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
So after reading some other people's comments left here I'm feeling optimistic. Everyone who has received their moto maker devices got the "your device is being assembled" email about Sunday night Monday. Received mine finally on Wednesday morning, so hoping it may ship out next week. Estimated delivery is the 22nd, and I've chatted with 2 different reps who have both said that. Seeing how everyone is getting theirs before their delivery date is making me hopeful but I won't get too excited till I see it show up in FedEx delivery manager 😉

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Does Verizon recognize your IMEI....Please help check

Hoping this may help those on Big Red that may be having trouble....

I am still waiting for my phone to arrive on Monday, so I can't contribute right now. However, for those that already received their phones, can you please run a little test?

1. Go to:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../nso/enterDeviceId.do?zipRdr=y&token=dzflEj_H

2.Go to OPTION #2 Enter your Device ID to check compatibility. and Check to see if Verizon recognizes the device as being eligible

It doesn't matter what carrier you are on, I am just hoping people will check and post feedback.

Their are forum members that are reporting they are having trouble getting reps to activate their devices because the IMEI isn't in the system.

If your IMEI isn't recognized, try taking off the last digit or two and report results.

My TMO Nexus 6 was not recognized by Sprint until I took off the last digit.

Provided, we can get the website to recognize the IMEI, it'll give some ammunition to those that may be in a store and dealing with a befuddled rep.

There may also be a couple workarounds:

1. If you can get the store rep to give you a nano sim, see if they can activate it using the IMEI for one of the demo floor model phones that already use a nano sim....Iphone or Moto 2014
Once it is activated, you should be good to go...Just pop it in your phone

2. I think I remember reading on XDA that Tier 2 Tech support reps may have the ability to activate a sim without a specific device attached, but I don't know if that's still true.

hepi

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
Mine was delivered today...one.day after I left for vacation, but it was estimated to be deliver on 9/15! Great job Motorola and I'll see you, my black front, ash back, silver trim beauty on Monday!

thebobby00

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else here with a 9/17 delivery estimate? Well let me be your ZEN guide. We probably wont start getting FedEx notices until the 15th. Since the flight crosses the date line it will probably not be on a plane until 9/16 to arrive in MEM around midnight 9/17. Where it will spread out across our great land and into our homes.

What do we do until then? I HAVE NO IDEA BUT ITS MAKING ME CRAZY PLZ SEND HELP

J_Jameson

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site

Something is wrong since the device does not even show the correct available memory like it normally should. I wonder if they skimped on the 64GB and they really are not 64GB flash? That or there is a partition error, but the total should still show, but in an additional allocation.

Oh well, I am going jogging since no Moto to toy with :) Mine is still in build purgatory.

Hopefully others with the 64GB MXPE will chime in soon. The bootloader shows 64GB of Toshiba eMMC NAND. I performed a hard reset through the recovery and the device still shows a max of 53.18GB with about 50GB available for use after the OS.

Dueyduck

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I tried the same thing. I had to take an old iphone 5 and get a new nano sim activated and just stick it into my Moto X. Works like a charm! Though it says that its a non-VZW device....

Dueyduck

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
And btw, Verizon Wireless said the new Moto X isn't compatible..... Love the knowledge they have. I know most aren't as in-the-know as those that frequent these forums... but you would just hope that you could get anybody that could be of assistance...

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
And btw, Verizon Wireless said the new Moto X isn't compatible..... Love the knowledge they have. I know most aren't as in-the-know as those that frequent these forums... but you would just hope that you could get anybody that could be of assistance...

I remember when I had an educated and helpful Verizon sales associate. Said no one ever....

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else here with a 9/17 delivery estimate? Well let me be your ZEN guide. We probably wont start getting FedEx notices until the 15th. Since the flight crosses the date line it will probably not be on a plane until 9/16 to arrive in MEM around midnight 9/17. Where it will spread out across our great land and into our homes.

What do we do until then? I HAVE NO IDEA BUT ITS MAKING ME CRAZY PLZ SEND HELP

I have a 9/17 delivery date. Motorola told me my shipping date would be 9/11 but according to their site it is still showing being built as of 12:02 am 9/12.

Posted via the Android Central App

Scratch4

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: Does Verizon recognize your IMEI....Please help check

Hoping this may help those on Big Red that may be having trouble....

I am still waiting for my phone to arrive on Monday, so I can't contribute right now. However, for those that already received their phones, can you please run a little test?

1. Go to:

2.Go to OPTION #2 Enter your Device ID to check compatibility. and Check to see if Verizon recognizes the device as being eligible

It doesn't matter what carrier you are on, I am just hoping people will check and post feedback.

Their are forum members that are reporting they are having trouble getting reps to activate their devices because the IMEI isn't in the system.

If your IMEI isn't recognized, try taking off the last digit or two and report results.

My TMO Nexus 6 was not recognized by Sprint until I took off the last digit.

Provided, we can get the website to recognize the IMEI, it'll give some ammunition to those that may be in a store and dealing with a befuddled rep.

There may also be a couple workarounds:

1. If you can get the store rep to give you a nano sim, see if they can activate it using the IMEI for one of the demo floor model phones that already use a nano sim....Iphone or Moto 2014
Once it is activated, you should be good to go...Just pop it in your phone

2. I think I remember reading on XDA that Tier 2 Tech support reps may have the ability to activate a sim without a specific device attached, but I don't know if that's still true.

I tried the above, and got the message that the device is NOT compatible with Verizon Wireless.

FYI, I just received my 2015 Moto X, and went to a Verizon Wireless store. They said the IMEI is not compatible and thus could not give me a nano-sim for my new phone (current phone uses a MicroSIM). So I called Motorola, and the rep said that they are aware of the issue and it should be resolved (ie. phone certified) with Verizon on Monday 9/14. So...... here's to hoping.