I've played with the HTC EVO 4G LTE ... Ask me anything!

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Using a NS4G and running stock ICS for a while and liking the stock contacts app in ICS, I'm wondering how the HTC sense 4.0 people app compares. I'm hoping it isn't too different than stock ICS.

awill70

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I doubt it was announced but I'm also curious about this. Weighing in on whether it would be cost effective to open a new line, cancel after a couple months and pay the $350 fee

Just go to Best Buy & add a new line to a family plan (or switch to family plan). Best Buy doesn't require 30 days usage on a new line before transfer of the device; They will immediately transfer to your original line. Then hook up an OLD Sprint phone (crappie flip?) to the new line so that you do not have to pay any additional fees for 4g. 2nd lines are also free. Keep going to Best Buy for your upgrades & switch between the 2 lines to get upgrades more often!

Just an idea :)

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Does the Sprint version have those pin holes for the cardock connection? I couldn'tsee any from pics ive seen.

It does not. :(

evo-one-x-2.jpg

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Hey Phil, does the camera have zoom? In the pics I've seen it seems to have the bar at the bottom for it. I miss this function on my ns4g and am seriously considering jumping ship from nexus land for this beauty and this is a must have for me.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

It has zoom. It's the same camera that's in the One X/One S.

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I would assume that it would have a pin hole where you could force the restart. It works the exact same as a battery pull

Why would you assume that? There's not one on the One X/S. It'll be a button combo. But I've yet to crash any of these that bad.

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
is the screen tech in the evo 4g lte the same as the htc one X?

the spec sheet says "HD super LCD" while the one x says "HD super LCD 2"

It gets worse. The Sprint spec sheet says Super LCD, while the HTC spec sheet says Super LCD2.

It's the latter, I'm sure, but I'll double check.

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if people are considering how big a deal this new camera is. There really needs to be a site that does phone camera reviews by real photographers, with photo comparisons from various mobile devices. That would be killer.

My question is on video. Sure, it does 1080p at 30fps, which is jerky as heck. Every camera does this. I am waiting for the first camera that will also allow 720p at 60fps. I don't suppose this one has that feature?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

raiderep

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the zoom answer, one more quick one. Does the new Evo have a sim card for lte? Curious how the new network service is being handled...

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

dhoshman

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Is the screen more livelier than the Galaxy Nexus?

+

Is it just an LTE device or an LTE and Wimax device like the GNEx on sprint is rumored to be?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Anthony