I've used S21, S21+, S21 Ultra

bxrider117

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I have always exclusively used Android phones for at least 10 years or more. I've never used an iPhone. The past few years I have exclusively used Samsung or Google phones.

This year I traded my s20+ for the regular S21 because I thought I wanted a small phone. I really enjoyed the s20+. I traded it in for the S21 and only paid $100 for the upgrade, or downgrade.
The battery life was good on the s21. Battery life is one of my things I need in a phone. However the screen was lacking and the phone was smooth but did not feel like and upgrade.
So I decided to buy the s21+ from Bestbuy cause they had a sale. That phone was okay, but is just a bigger S21 with really good battery life but still lacking because of the screen, so I returned that phone after less than a week of use. I recently purchased a pre-owned s21 Ultra.
Although this phone is the same size as the S21+ it just feels better to use. The weight distribution and the size does not feel as big and dull as the s21+.
The screen is amazing. Just like the s20+. I hope when Samsung makes S22, they go back to giving all of the S22 the same screen resolution. The 1080p screens on the S21 and S21+ take away from the beauty of the S model line of phones.
I'm only on my 2nd day with the ultra but I feel like I am going to keep this phone. S21+ I knew I was going to return after 2 days of use.
If you're looking to get the S21 do yourself a favor and just get the Ultra. This is definitely the better of the bunch. Especially, if you are coming from an older Galaxy phone.
FYI, I have not even got a good chance to use the camera due to rain in my area.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for sharing, I was actually in Verizon a few weeks ago with my sister and her reaction to the size of the Note 20 Ultra and S21 Ultra was comical.

She got the regular S21 and even that is large to her.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your take on all of the phones you mentioned. Smaller form factor has always been my #1 priority with any phone I own. This is just a tad bigger then the Pixel 4 which I owned before my purchase of the S21. Not a fan of huge phones personally. Someday, I might go up slightly but not wanting to put anything in my pocket that is that large

stevetaz

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Another vote for the size of the S21 5G. I moved from an S10e and the length is about 1" longer with width about the same. I really have no desire to go larger and that is, of course, a personal decision. I do not live on the device all day and the S21 has been working well for me. Just about a month in and no complaints.

The best part was getting it for no cost. Sprint/TMobile gave a full $800 credit for trading in the S10e, which I had for about two years. Also moved me over to TMobile's network for the 5G connection and that has been fine so far. I was also able to get a credit for their activation and shipping charges, which I believe are simply money grabs.

Since we are all still pretty much sequestered at home (with only a few exceptions) I haven't been able to gauge if there are connection differences yet.

Joshua Luther2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Actually I wasn't so sure about how big the Ultra was coming from the iphone 12 Pro. It took a few days to get used to the size. Realizing that I couldn't easily use this phone one handed. But, where it's most enjoyable is watching content on it. It's such a joy to have this big screen when viewing videos on it. But seriously, it's pretty easy to adapt to using a bigger phone.

runliftrepeat

Apr 13, 2021
Visit site
Another vote for the size of the S21 5G. I moved from an S10e and the length is about 1" longer with width about the same. I really have no desire to go larger and that is, of course, a personal decision. I do not live on the device all day and the S21 has been working well for me. Just about a month in and no complaints.

The best part was getting it for no cost. Sprint/TMobile gave a full $800 credit for trading in the S10e, which I had for about two years. Also moved me over to TMobile's network for the 5G connection and that has been fine so far. I was also able to get a credit for their activation and shipping charges, which I believe are simply money grabs.

Since we are all still pretty much sequestered at home (with only a few exceptions) I haven't been able to gauge if there are connection differences yet.
Where are you located?

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I've tried them all as well. Ultra was a tad to big, the s21 a tad to small. The s21 plus is the best option for me. Still 6.5 would be the sweet spot. the s21 plus is 6.7 which almost as big as the ultra ist's not as top heavy and so easier to hold onto one handed.

farhanmohd

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
I've tried them all as well. Ultra was a tad to big, the s21 a tad to small. The s21 plus is the best option for me. Still 6.5 would be the sweet spot. the s21 plus is 6.7 which almost as big as the ultra ist's not as top heavy and so easier to hold onto one handed.
I second your opinion.

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I've also used all 3 in the line and find my sweet spot is with the s21 plus... the Ultra was just too big, the s21 wasn't quite big enough.. LoL.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter