Jakeday JB ROM?

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
So where did his thread go? I see he is still pumping out ROMS and new Gapps. anyone still running his stuff? I see his latest is using 4.1.2 and listed tweaks for battery life. but on the flip I see AOKP will release B5 Sunday..

Decisions , Decisions, Decisions... hate flashing and than reloading apps, I have not been able to figure out TiBu (I'm too old I think to follow the OP):p

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Never tried "Jakeday" but I'm interested. Guess I'll do a search for it. Also, give MyBackup Pro a try. I thought TiBu was fine but MBP does everything it does (to my knowledge...certainly the important tasks) but is much simpler to follow/use. The last 4.1.2 rom/gapps package I flashed, while awesome, was the first time my apps didn't auto restore in dozens of clean flashes. I stopped backing up apks in MBP because of this so I had to push them all from the google website using a pc browser. Only took less than 10 mins to send them so minor incovenience. Usually I only have to resync my 3 email accounts since I backup homescreens using Nova launcher. Can backup/nanny, clean flash, and be fully restored/customized in less than 30mins. Makes crackflashing a lot less of a headache and a lot more fun:)

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
So where did his thread go? I see he is still pumping out ROMS and new Gapps. anyone still running his stuff? I see his latest is using 4.1.2 and listed tweaks for battery life. but on the flip I see AOKP will release B5 Sunday..

Decisions , Decisions, Decisions... hate flashing and than reloading apps, I have not been able to figure out TiBu (I'm too old I think to follow the OP):p

Jakeday just doesn't feature more options that AOKP and CM10 do. He was the best before AOKP and CM got into the JB mix.

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I check the youtube vid, seems easy enough, If I go this route what to back up apps and data, just apps or just data..

Thanks!

Never tried "Jakeday" but I'm interested. Guess I'll do a search for it. Also, give MyBackup Pro a try. I thought TiBu was fine but MBP does everything it does (to my knowledge...certainly the important tasks) but is much simpler to follow/use. The last 4.1.2 rom/gapps package I flashed, while awesome, was the first time my apps didn't auto restore in dozens of clean flashes. I stopped backing up apks in MBP because of this so I had to push them all from the google website using a pc browser. Only took less than 10 mins to send them so minor incovenience. Usually I only have to resync my 3 email accounts since I backup homescreens using Nova launcher. Can backup/nanny, clean flash, and be fully restored/customized in less than 30mins. Makes crackflashing a lot less of a headache and a lot more fun:)

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I check the youtube vid, seems easy enough, If I go this route what to back up apps and data, just apps or just data..

Thanks!

That's entirely up to you. You can backup pretty much anything you can think of. You can choose individual items within a group (such as apps, photos, contacts, etc) or select it all. You can also keep multiple backups. After my last flash not auto restoring I'll probably make one with all the apk+data backed up and one with only data for when auto restore works fine. Just never save or restore any system data. Pretty sure you shouldn't restore api's either. I never do.I also don't bother to backup my contacts or photos. They always sync fine and are on dropbox, google, vzw so there's plenty of ways to get them.

Oh, and if you use gWallet don't backup or restore to it. I always clear data within the app (settings<apps), uninstall it, and then run my backup in MBP. Just as a buffer. You can destroy your secure element if you don't let it install and initialize from scratch each time you flash.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000