JellyBean Tips and Tricks

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
The general consensus is that if you've got problems after the JB update, backing up all your data and doing a factory reset will most likely resolve them. Including battery life issues.

Greg G1

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
hey! the jellyb;)ean doesn't appear on my screen! i'm using the razor m. i followed all the right procedures. no jelly's......help:-\

Jules3764

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I want to move my apps to my SD card but it continues to say my phone does not support this. Is there a way around this so I can move apps to my SD card?

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
No.

You can *store* just about anything on you external card, but you can't run a program from it.

For more info, search these forums and you'll get way more than you wanted to know.

Sent from my unrooted 32 GB Polish Samsung Galaxy GT I9300 running 4.1.2.

pre1561

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I asked the same question to a technician in a Sprint store. He checked, and even downloaded an app but he said there was no way to do it even with the app. The Galaxy S3 just isn't programed to run any apps from the SD card. Every phone I've had you could run an app from the SD card.

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
It's not the S3. It's jellybean. Until jellybean, the OS permitted running apps from an external card. This is definitely not a bug. It appears that Google wants Android phones to be self - contained, like i Phones.

Sent from my unrooted 32 GB Polish Samsung Galaxy GT I9300 running 4.1.2.

Ramer84015

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I want to move my apps to my SD card but it continues to say my phone does not support this. Is there a way around this so I can move apps to my SD card?

If you have an external microSD card, you want to put all you media on that (music, photos, movies etc). Even with the 16 gb GS3 (which I have) you can store hundreds of apps on it. You have about 12 gb free and the app storage is dynamic, it will grow with the apps you install. Keep in mind, some of the newer graphic intensive apps may take up more space, but generally speaking, if you are running out of space you either need to move media to an external SD or look for files that are consuming too much space. Check you settings -> storage and see what's consuming all you space.

Lola Sue

May 29, 2013
Visit site
My question has to do with this older post. I'm familiar with emojis and have used them for years. Seems however that since I moved from my EVO to the S3, my only options is the Sprint robo-dude. No more yellow happy faces. Is there an app I can use or a way to change them up?

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
My question has to do with this older post. I'm familiar with emojis and have used them for years. Seems however that since I moved from my EVO to the S3, my only options is the Sprint robo-dude. No more yellow happy faces. Is there an app I can use or a way to change them up?

You can install a third party messaging app to get emojis. I don't see why you only have that one, I use the stock messenger and have all of the stock emoji icons available for use.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz