Jumping in.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
That's exciting! When do you get it? I actually returned the pixel 6 this morning. I really liked the phone, I didn't have any problems with the fingerprint sensor and it seemed to be pretty stable. But my 4xl had a much better screen than the pixel 6. So I decided to keep my 4xl a little while longer. But when you go to set up your fingerprint sensor, register the same fingerprint twice. I had no problems with the fingerprint reader after I did that.

The screen default on the Pixel 6 is Adaptive Brightness ON. With the default Adaptive Brightness, the Pixel 6 screen will be dismally dim and won't compare favorably to anything.

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
The screen default on the Pixel 6 is Adaptive Brightness ON. With the default Adaptive Brightness, the Pixel 6 screen will be dismally dim and won't compare favorably to anything.

No that wasn't the case. The pixel 4 XL has a 3040x1440 resolution. The 4xl is quad hd The pixel 6 is only 1080p. That's how they save money with the price. Also you'll notice when you move the pixel 6 screen back and forth you see rainbow effects. There is none of that on the 4XL.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
No that wasn't the case. The pixel 4 XL has a 3040x1440 resolution. The 4xl is quad hd The pixel 6 is only 1080p. That's how they save money with the price. Also you'll notice when you move the pixel 6 screen back and forth you see rainbow effects. There is none of that on the 4XL.

I have the Pixel 6 Pro with a resolution of 3120 x 1440, an even higher resolution than the 4XL. I agree, to me it also makes a significant difference.

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I have the Pixel 6 Pro with a resolution of 3120 x 1440, an even higher resolution than the 4XL. I agree, to me it also makes a significant difference.

Yeah the 6pro has the high resolution screen. But I just had the regular 6. How do you like the curved edge display?

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah the 6pro has the high resolution screen. But I just had the regular 6. How do you like the curved edge display?

Quite frankly, I don't even notice it. I fail to see what all this curved screen hate is all about. I've had my P6Pro since November and I've had none of the issues some have. I like mine a lot and the thought of returning it never entered my mind.

guitardoc64

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
As of the first day I'm impressed. I've had none of the issues I've been reading about. The fps is almost as fast as my OnePlus 7 Pro and I'm really glad to have wireless charging!

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
As of the first day I'm impressed. I've had none of the issues I've been reading about. The fps is almost as fast as my OnePlus 7 Pro and I'm really glad to have wireless charging!

Sounds great! I've had my P6Pro since November and I too have had none of the issues some post on the forum.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm wondering if I should try out the Pixel 6 or wait for the Pixel 7. Decisions, decisions!
It's a pretty great phone. I feel like people are having reception issues, but my T-Mobile Pixel 6 (in the southeast United States) has been pretty great actually.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering if I should try out the Pixel 6 or wait for the Pixel 7. Decisions, decisions!

At preorder time the Pixel 6 Pro sounded great and I had just smashed the screen on my Pixel 3XL and it was barely useable.

I recall your saying that you were still happy with your Pixel 5. If that's still the case, consider that the Pixel 7 isn't that far off.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
At preorder time the Pixel 6 Pro sounded great and I had just smashed the screen on my Pixel 3XL and it was barely useable.

I recall your saying that you were still happy with your Pixel 5. If that's still the case, consider that the Pixel 7 isn't that far off.

Your poor Pixel 3 XL! Ouch! That was a perfect time to upgrade!

Yes! I love my Pixel 5! I'll stick with it until the 7 comes out or until another phone comes out that intrigues me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bethel