Jumping Ship from big red? Which phone?

dude9000

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok, Ive been in the market for a new phone for sometime now.. I have the OG Droid running Petes builds(now on 2.3.5). I am a little annoyed with paying 120 a month so im thinking of ditching Verizon.

Any phones out there worth jumping ship for? Or should I stick it out for the Bionic? I really like the Galaxy S2. I have read it has Gorilla glass.
My OG has been thrown off of a bridge(no lie) and it still works due to having gorilla glass. I have tossed this thing off walls almost every time I get drunk.

Any cool new phones coming out within the next two weeks? I dunno if I can wait any longer.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
The only phone that I would consider jumping ship for would be the GS2, and IMO blows away the Bionic. So, if I were to jump ship, that'd be why. There are rumors though that a "Nexus" device might be coming to Verizon. Check out the threads in the Nexus Prime forum for all the speculation. There's also the HTC Vigor, which is rumored to be coming in October to Verizon. Just peruse the threads in this forum and the sub-forums to get a better idea of what may be coming down the pipe.

Korama12

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
If you're thinking of ditching Verizon and want to make a move soon then I'd recommend Sprint and the Epic Touch 4G (Sprints SGSII variant). You can already preorder one on wirefly and other sites for only $150 with a 2-year contract.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
If you're thinking of ditching Verizon and want to make a move soon then I'd recommend Sprint and the Epic Touch 4G (Sprints SGSII variant). You can already preorder one on wirefly and other sites for only $150 with a 2-year contract.

This is my recommendation if you're looking into switching carriers. Of you decide to stay, the Nexus Prime or HTC Vigor are nice choices.