Just bought the new V30 and it takes blurry and fuzzy photos?

HappyCockatoo

Nov 14, 2017
Visit site
Just upgraded my LG V10 to the V30, and it seems like it takes worse pictures than the V10? i just unboxed it haven't updated the system software yet, but people are saying turn off image stabilization and i can't find it in the camera settings. Does the camera have a plastic cover on it that i need to know about? Or do i need to update the system? Any help would be appreciated.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Make sure the lens does not have the factory protection film on it.
Make sure the camera is not in manual focus mode.

When in full auto mode, if you are not getting reasonable pictures, there is a problem where the phone needs to be fixed or replaced.

HappyCockatoo

Nov 14, 2017
Visit site
Yesterday i was messing with the camera on the back and when i was moving my fingers on it something was moving little bit, i tried to take it off but it seemed like it didn't want to come out. Are you certain that there are protection films on the back lens of LG V30? I had quite few phones and almost all of them had that plastic cover, but it seems like this one is harder to take out. It doesn't stick out of the sides for easy removing.

HappyCockatoo

Nov 14, 2017
Visit site
I just noticed that everytime i try to take a close up photo a light blueish light flickers under the screen. It's probably what ManiacJoe said i should look really hard to see if there is any plastic on the lens.

HappyCockatoo

Nov 14, 2017
Visit site
It was without flash. I wiped the lens with alcohol pad it seemed to gotten little better. Yeah it might be that i am taking a photo in unnatural lighting. I have yet to take a photo outside.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Just upgraded my LG V10 to the V30, and it seems like it takes worse pictures than the V10? i just unboxed it haven't updated the system software yet, but people are saying turn off image stabilization and i can't find it in the camera settings. Does the camera have a plastic cover on it that i need to know about? Or do i need to update the system? Any help would be appreciated.

I agree that you should make sure the factory lens cover is off. I got my v30 at launch , and the pics have been outstanding. Coming from a galaxy S7 edge that also took great pics.

HappyCockatoo

Nov 14, 2017
Visit site
So it does have a factory lens cover? If you can confirm that would be great, because when i put little pressure on the lens and move my finger to one side it seems like something moves.

HappyCockatoo

Nov 14, 2017
Visit site
Yeah i was taking it close up. I wanted to see how it is close up. If it looks alright, then i should be fine. If i returned the phone i would have to pay additional 50 bucks which i currently can't afford lol.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it's a close up shot with a phone that has a really narrow depth of field. So your aren't going to get much in focus. It'll look blurry because it is... Not because it's bad, but because that's what the optics are designed to do.

Macro photography and wide apertures don't really get along.

wdblevin

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I appreciate the comments about this issue.

I work in retail and often use my camera to take pix of product labels so I can check inventory when a customer asks. Our store labels minimally include an item # and UPC code. The print is very small, so my habit was to get really close to the label. Since getting the V30, I found that when looking at the pix, things weren't as clear as I expected.

On my own, I did a bit of playing around and found that when I back off a bit that the print is much clearer and I just zoom in to get the information I need.

The comment about macro & wide apertures not playing well together made a lot of sense to me. I'm glad it wasn't necessarily a defective camera. Thanks!

Kendahl Titcomb

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Honestly the V30 camera is an amazing camera when in pro mode. If your just wanting to point and shoot..it's kind of frustrating. You can utilize the pro mode pre set options, they tend to work really well.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mickmac