Just Curious

bimmer0978

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Im guessing at some point this phone will get unlocked, this then can be used on verizon's cdma network right?

Not to thrilled about having to pay 10 more dollars while still using 3g since no 4g here.

bdarknessb

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
If it makes you feel better, i believe the 10 dollars a month removes the bandwidth caps from 5gb to unlimited, soo start tethering.

Giblet

May 15, 2010
Visit site
So even with the $10 it makes the everything data 450 plan $80. Have you looked at what a comparable plan on Verizon would cost?

bimmer0978

May 15, 2010
Visit site
So even with the $10 it makes the everything data 450 plan $80. Have you looked at what a comparable plan on Verizon would cost?

ya it is cheaper by 10 dollars which is good but verizon has so much better reception where i am compared to sprint. Could just get the incredible but would rather have the evo even if its without the 4g.

beret9987

May 14, 2010
Visit site
ya it is cheaper by 10 dollars which is good but verizon has so much better reception where i am compared to sprint. Could just get the incredible but would rather have the evo even if its without the 4g.

You'd have to get Verizon to let you add the ESN to their network, which is pretty tricky in itself. Where you located though? I notice Sprint has pretty good coverage wherever I've managed to go in the States...

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Ok, theoretically, you CAN switch the phone to Verizon. Every CDMA phone can be hacked to work with other CDMA networks.

But, here is the HUUUUUGE flaw to your argument:

You complain about the extra $10 for Sprint... unfortunately, perhaps you are not familiar with Verizon's plans... For the unlimited plan, it's $120. That is $40 more per month plus tax that you will have to pay for the same thing you get at Sprint. And actually, Sprint includes GPS, Sprint TV, Sprint Music, etc... all the little extras, which cost $10 each on Verizon.

So, for your own self interest, stick with Sprint. They have a faster network, more reliable network (not as big of a network, sure), but a much better value overall.

bimmer0978

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Not interested in needing tv, downloading music n such, just want unlimited data which is 29.99. That coupled with 450 plan with unlimited tetx is 59.99 so 90 total ten dollars more than sprint, even tho i would get tv and other stuff im really not interested in. When u say reliable network thats not the case, im in jersey and coverage is spotty to say the least. Coverage map for most of my area lists it as fair, which essentially means dont use it indoors or ur gonna get cut off. Other parts are roaming and we know what that means. Back to what i originally wanted to kno, theoretically it is possible then to get the evo and use it with verizon.

Thanks

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Not interested in needing tv, downloading music n such, just want unlimited data which is 29.99. That coupled with 450 plan with unlimited tetx is 59.99 so 90 total ten dollars more than sprint, even tho i would get tv and other stuff im really not interested in. When u say reliable network thats not the case, im in jersey and coverage is spotty to say the least. Coverage map for most of my area lists it as fair, which essentially means dont use it indoors or ur gonna get cut off. Other parts are roaming and we know what that means. Back to what i originally wanted to kno, theoretically it is possible then to get the evo and use it with verizon.

Thanks

All you need to do is convince Verizon to activate it on their network, good luck with that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware