Just got my gear S3

bksalt

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
I would like to know if anyone is showering with their watch and if they have had any problems with this? Also any screen damage from not having a screen protector on? want to keep my s3 looking good and running well.

any help appreciated
Bert :)

creekwater1482

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
Personally I haven't showered with it but I've seen responses in this forum from people who say they have and it hasn't caused any issues. I've ran mine under the faucet for a bit and no problems. Don't have a screen protector on mine and no scratches yet, knock on wood. Had mine since it came out in November.

Redflea

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
The S3 water rating allows for short immersion in a few feet of water, but a shower is a different experience - water is shot at watch under pressure, and soap is going to be running down your hand onto the watch - soap is slick and likes to get into stuff.

EDIT: Forgot to note that I remember a post from someone on another Samsung phone forum about putting their Samsung S7 into shallow soapy water and the watch failed. Lots of comments there about soap/water combo being a bad idea w/these types of devices.

I'm going to avoid showering w/my watch for above reasons. It may never cause a problem to shower with it, but why risk the hassle when taking my watch off for a few minutes gives my wrist a rest, and I don't really need it or do anything with it while I'm in the shower.

Last edited:

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
No issues showering with my Gear S3 on. No worries. Yes to the screen protector. I also had a tempered glass protector for the Gear S2 3G and accidently hit the watch on something, causing a small chip to the protector. The glass on the S3 Frontier is supposed to be stronger but I will still use tempered glass

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZAID