Just got my Urbane 2 and Have a few Questions..

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone, I just received my Urbane 2 and so far I like it.

However, I have a couple questions that maybe someone can help me out with.

First, when the watch is synced to my galaxy S7 edge via Number Sync, do the watch still have to be connected to the watch via Bluetooth? The reason I ask, is because there have been 2 or 3 occasions when I open the Android wear app and it tells me to turn Bluetooth on, when I never turned it off.

The second question is that when I pull down the drop down screen on the watch, it says I'm connected to "H" isn't it supposed to indicate "Lte"?

My phone indicates it's on LTE but the watch doesn't list LTE when I check it.

Last question...is do I have to keep number sync on the entire time or can I still use the watch and connect it to the phone via bluetooth? With the exception of my number sync, will the watch still work fine like a normal WiFi only smartwatch?

So can someone help me out with these ?

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
1. No, don't have to use BT but using it saves watch bettery.
2. That means your watch can't lock on to the LTE signal and settles for HSPA instead. There are many reasons: 1. the watch antenna isn't as sensitive as phone. 2. Watch only support 850 and 1900 bands for LTE but AT&T uses 700 and 1700 bands as well.
3. You don't have to use NumberSync. I deactivated it because it uses too much battery. You can simply use call forwarding feature of the watch to receive calls to your phone.

Lastly, in order to use BT to answer phone calls to the phone from watch, you will have to completely deactivate the NumberSync feature. Then, an extra BT menu item 'Allow play phone audio on watch' will show up.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
...You can simply use call forwarding feature of the watch to receive calls to your phone.....

I didn't even notice this was an option. I've always forwarded my calls from the phone before leaving it behind. That can come in handy if I accidentally leave my phone I can initiate the call forwarding from the watch when paired through cell data. I just tested it and it worked perfectly.

Do you remember if this was an option on the original build or was it added to the new build? I saw it after updating but assumed it was an AT&T only (I'm using Truphone) feature so didn't even try it.

daverns

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
The call forwarding works pretty good, it takes a few rings before it forwards. I wish there was a way to make it call forward as if the phone is off.

evlarberryman

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
I noticed yesterday while in Bluetooth mode for calling from the watch (it asks if you want to make call on watch or phone -annoying since I'm asking on my watch) that it actually calls from the watch number. I don't understand this since I'm connected via Bluetooth. Also, your watch number shows up and the other person doesn't recognize it. Strange...

Posted via the Android Central App

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Your watch has its own number and cell radio. So, you can call from watch number via its cellular or from phone via BT. If you turn off the cellular on the watch like I usually do, there is no option to call from watch number.