Just made the Switch from a V10 to the Mate 9!

fatproduce

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I've had several HTC devices and had the LG G3, G4, & V10. I've been ready for a change. So I grabbed a Mate 9 and plan on using it on my switch to Cricket mobile.

Wow it feels good to try something new and different in the android space.

fatproduce

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
So far the battery life is miles better than my V10. Performance is up there too. I don't really see any real difference in terms of speed. Plus I enjoy the 16:9 aspect ratio still.

fatproduce

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
EMUI is very different from LG's skin, but refreshing. I enjoy the mix of organic and tron inspired styles. I will say that I miss the theming options under Nougat on my V10. Also the location of some settings in EMUI is a bit scattered. However despite the differences between the two, I enjoy both in different ways.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
EMUI is very different from LG's skin, but refreshing. I enjoy the mix of organic and tron inspired styles. I will say that I miss the theming options under Nougat on my V10. Also the location of some settings in EMUI is a bit scattered. However despite the differences between the two, I enjoy both in different ways.

The theming engine on LG is great but all is not lost with EMUI. It's a little more complicated to do but you can still achieve much of the same results. I loved the dark theme on my G6 so that was the first thing I recreated on my P10

fatproduce

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
How did you manage to do that? I eyes felt like they were bleeding when I opened my settings menu this morning it was so bright lol.

bunky1971

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
That is a great comparative analysis, especially the Tron reference. You put into words what my head though, just in a way more concise than I could have ever. Thanks!!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLegend