Just noticed this security feature went missing

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Just checked my 6 Pro -- Trusted Places is gone now. I just updated to the October security patch, so not sure if that's what caused it to disappear.

Me too. It was there last week when this thread started, but it is gone today. Part of the Google experience I suppose. Do not get too comfortable enjoying any feature/app.

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Maybe google writes their software with a finite number of users so they have to rotate features amongst us Pixel users. We can't all have everything at the same time.

Kavu2

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Pixel 4a here, September Play Services update 22.36.16. As per a tip from another site, in Google Play Services app, try 'Disable' and then re 'Enable' . Worked for me, Trusted Places is back and have a working 'trusted place' established and functional.

Thanks and credit to 'Carlo Di Martino'
Carlo Di Martino
13 hours ago

A fix for me, probably temporary, we'll see, is to disable Google Play Services and re-enable it.

tismydroid

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Pixel 4a here, September Play Services update 22.36.16. As per a tip from another site, in Google Play Services app, try 'Disable' and then re 'Enable' . Worked for me, Trusted Places is back and have a working 'trusted place' established and functional.

Thanks and credit to 'Carlo Di Martino'
Wow, that worked! Thank you!