Just touched my first HTC ONE

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so the local AT&T store has 4 HTC One's on display.

Three on this display (Taken with the HTC One in my hand):

IMAG0010.jpg

And one off by itself somewhere.

Here is a side by side with my GNex (Taken with HTC One)

IMAG0012.jpg

And finally here's the storefront with all the HTC One ads (Taken with GNex):

IMG_20130412_134833.jpg

NOT! (say that like Borat). The one hanging poster on the left is iPad, the one on the right is HTC First.

Since we were talking about marketing, I thought it appropriate to show why I'm afraid HTC is in trouble - even though they've got this amazing phone!

I played with the phone for about 30 minutes and here are my impressions:

1. Nicest phone I've ever held. Beautiful, light yet sturdy feeling. Incredible display. Felt good in my hands.
2. Beats audio. Speakers are loud and by far are surprisingly good sounding, even in a busy store and fairly open space.
3. Sense 5 is quirky, especially coming from stock Jelly Bean on my GNex. There are definitely similarities with my OG Evo and 3d.
4. No hiccups in the software, no stutters. I'm not sure what browser they use but it worked fairly well.
5. Keyboard sucks - easily fixed with Swype - it would be my first install.
6. The power button and volume rocker are nearly flush with the device, but still easily usable. Neat design feature I thought.
7. AT&T 4g speed was 27 down, and just over 2 up. The store wifi was borked and was 1 down and .25 up, lol.
8. Camera has a number (probably 20 or more) built in filters.
9. I should have set up an HTC sharing account and made some ZOEs but didn't.
10. I am genuinely sad about the lack of marketing. No event, just some white and green graphics overlaid with plexiglass.

Living in KC, I'll likely grab this on T-Mo and have some fun with their LTE and new plans. No interest loan on a phone is pretty enticing.

My $ .02

11. Oh yeah, I almost forgot. You can take pictures as fast as you can tap the screen. That's friggin sweet.

Last edited:

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so the local AT&T store has 4 HTC One's on display.

Three on this display (Taken with the HTC One in my hand):

https://photos-1.dropbox.com/t/0/AA...r9vaqCplnipNc5qTpMvR1tcwZzqXjHU?size=1024x768

And one off by itself somewhere.

Here is a side by side with my GNex (Taken with HTC One)

https://photos-1.dropbox.com/t/0/AA...DP59SXdQgxQkTtt56bnH_rr2zxj_2MI?size=1024x768

And finally here's the storefront with all the HTC One ads (Taken with GNex):

https://photos-3.dropbox.com/t/0/AA...P6gb8RBfzxu8uNnifXV0iMBIU5bapNw?size=1024x768

NOT! (say that like Borat). The one hanging poster on the left is iPad, the one on the right is HTC First.

Since we were talking about marketing, I thought it appropriate to show why I'm afraid HTC is in trouble - even though they've got this amazing phone!

I played with the phone for about 30 minutes and here are my impressions:

1. Nicest phone I've ever held. Beautiful, light yet sturdy feeling. Incredible display. Felt good in my hands.
2. Beats audio. Speakers are loud and by far are surprisingly good sounding, even in a busy store and fairly open space.
3. Sense 5 is quirky, especially coming from stock Jelly Bean on my GNex. There are definitely similarities with my OG Evo and 3d.
4. No hiccups in the software, no stutters. I'm not sure what browser they use but it worked fairly well.
5. Keyboard sucks - easily fixed with Swype - it would be my first install.
6. The power button and volume rocker are nearly flush with the device, but still easily usable. Neat design feature I thought.
7. AT&T 4g speed was 27 down, and just over 2 up. The store wifi was borked and was 1 down and .25 up, lol.
8. Camera has a number (probably 20 or more) built in filters.
9. I should have set up an HTC sharing account and made some ZOEs but didn't.
10. I am genuinely sad about the lack of marketing. No event, just some white and green graphics overlaid with plexiglass.

Living in KC, I'll likely grab this on T-Mo and have some fun with their LTE and new plans. No interest loan on a phone is pretty enticing.

My $ .02

11. Oh yeah, I almost forgot. You can take pictures as fast as you can tap the screen. That's friggin sweet.

Went into a Sprint store about 20 mins ago and they said they wont have any display models til the 19th... Looks like im going to drop into at ATT store on the way home tonight!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnetteConnor