Keep Flip³-ing or not?

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Okay, so before I know it it'll be time to keep the Flip³ or return it for something else. There's no don't that it's a cool phone and I have 3 other phones so despite it's compromises I can live with it. My iPhone 12 Mini is my "questionable environment" phone. It's small, powerful, good cameras, and dust/water resistant. It's my window into the iOS ecosystem which makes it great...and... boring. So, I only use it when I need to.

My only issues with the Flip³ are the lack of dust resistance and the, in my case, kinda poor battery life. I wonder if I'm just being spoiled. I think, well, the Flip³ is neat and it's light weight. It's party trick is that it can fold and be smaller. I just wonder how much that really means. Is that enough reason to keep it or would I be happier with an S21(+) or spend a little more and get an S21 Ultra. I have 2 Fold³s and I love them. I know I can use my iPhone 12 Mini for the sky diving, snorkelling, biking, running, etc. ... but would I be happier with having an Android phone that could be with me for those things?

Every time I use my Fold³s I feel excited. With time that will likely pass and they'll just be my Folds. Heck, I may even regret getting 2 of them but, right now? I love them. A lot. A whole lot. I thought I'd feel the same about the Flip³ so I got one. If I didn't have it I would miss is but the battery life. Having to unfold it to use it? It's not hard to unfold. Sometimes it's fun to unfold. Sometimes. Even if I put it in it's sunglass micro fiber bag so I can put it my bike's under seat bag for a typical 50 mile ride I pull it out, open it up and find the battery has drained... a lot. But, but... it will likely last me until I can charge it, so am I just being spoiled or paronoid? Is the fold-ability overrated and I should get something that fits my lifestyle better?

I mean, I have 4 phones yet none of them have great battery life? Maybe I should think about that?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I carry a juice pack or a second device on all day bike rides but don't really need to. It's just insurance. From where I'm sitting you probably can live without the flip but if you like it live with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia