Keep the S22 Ultra or upgrade to the S23+?

greenpiine

May 31, 2023
Visit site
Hello everyone, I have the S22 Ultra and I like it overall. The Ultra is pretty heavy and uncomfortable to hold for extended periods of time though, so I am considering to upgrade to the S23+ which doesn't have a rectangular shape and is less heavy and is for a pretty good deal where I live. So my question is: is it worth it to upgrade to the S23+ or should I stay with the S22 Ultra? The phones seem pretty similar to me specs-wise and I don't really care about the camera quality. The only downside when upgrading would be losing the 12 GB of RAM, but I guess it's not that big of a deal.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Where are you from? There is an arguement to be made if you are outside of the US... But in the US I wouldn't even call that an upgrade, and even outside of the US it's kind of shaky.

But, if you've got the money and you would prefer the S23 plus then you do you.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I would consider the S23+ for these reasons:

Smaller and more comfortable size
Better processor
If you don’t use the s-pen
if you don’t use the mega zoom
Or you don’t care about those features.
An extra year of upgrades and security patches

Just playing devils advocate here and putting the other side of the story.

Jun 21, 2023
Visit site
Hello everyone, I have the S22 Ultra and I like it overall. The Ultra is pretty heavy and uncomfortable to hold for extended periods of time though, so I am considering to upgrade to the S23+ which doesn't have a rectangular shape and is less heavy and is for a pretty good deal where I live. So my question is: is it worth it to upgrade to the S23+ or should I stay with the S22 Ultra? The phones seem pretty similar to me specs-wise and I don't really care about the camera quality. The only downside when upgrading would be losing the 12 GB of RAM, but I guess it's not that big of a deal.
Deciding whether to upgrade from the S22 Ultra to the S23+ depends on your personal preferences and priorities. If you find the S22 Ultra uncomfortable to hold for extended periods due to its weight and shape, and the S23+ offers a more ergonomic design that addresses this concern, it could be worth considering the upgrade. Additionally, if the S23+ is available at a good deal in your location, it adds further incentive.
In terms of specs, if you don't care about camera quality and the overall specifications of the S23+ are comparable to the S22 Ultra, you may not notice significant performance differences in day-to-day usage. Losing the 12 GB of RAM might not be a significant drawback unless you frequently use resource-intensive applications or multitask extensively.
Ultimately, it's important to weigh the benefits of improved comfort and any other new features or enhancements that the S23+ may offer against the trade-offs, such as the RAM reduction. Consider your usage patterns, priorities, and budget to make an informed decision. Additionally, it could be helpful to visit a store and physically hold the S23+ to see if it indeed feels more comfortable and suits your preferences before making the final decision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12