Keyboard / Auto Spell Check

psco1

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Hello- Recently picked up the Spectrum, moving from an HTC Incredible. So far I am relatively happy with my new LG. One negative I have noticed is the key board for the Sprectrum does not have the same layout or long hold features to pick a secondary key behind the primary letter. (Ie choosing an explanation point by long holding the letter.) Is this part of the UI from LG, or is there a way to apply a new keyboard.

In reference to the spell checker, I was able to tweak the settings a bit, but still like the HTC spell checker much better.

Seems to me, common negatives about the LG Spectrum are mostly related to the IU.

Any thoughts on how to make this phone better in these two areas?

Thanks

WaVeS

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Change your launcher. ADW and Go Launcher come to mind.

Have you tried Swype? It comes with it. The newest version doesn't come pre-installed, but you can root, uninstall and re-install the newest beta of Swype. You can also download tons of keyboards from the Market (Google Play now). To try another keyboard, just hold click any area which would naturally cause the keyboard to pop up (I use text message area). Select 'input method' and make your choice.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte19