Keyboard Dock Will Not Charge

erhovie

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else out there had any issues with their keyboard dock not charging after the last OTA update? Mine while working better will not charge at all. Is there a way to roll back firmware or hard reset the keyboard dock?

anon(292241)

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
After the update, I can type on my keyboard (am now) but the touchpad won't work and I have no onscreen cursor. Whether I have the keyboard turned on or off using the sort of F4 key makes no difference. I have rebooted numerous times both on the dock and off the dock.

Visual360

Dec 9, 2010
www.visual360photography.com
After the update, I can type on my keyboard (am now) but the touchpad won't work and I have no onscreen cursor. Whether I have the keyboard turned on or off using the sort of F4 key makes no difference. I have rebooted numerous times both on the dock and off the dock.

You are talking about the 4th key from the left on the top, right?

When you press it, does it give that visual feedback on screen?

I did the update, and so far it works great.

anon(292241)

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Correct, I meant the fourth key from the left, top row. I do get the visual feedback of the trackpad with and without the line through it but it matters not. It is as if my trackpad is dead and I have no cursor on the screen. I found out after leaving the tab on the dock and the charger plugged into the dock for eight hours overnight that neither the dock nor the tablet will charge. The tablet seems to be charging when it is plugged in without the dock but not when docked.

I am currently downloading the firmware from ASUS' website and will try updating manually to overwrite the firmware and see if that makes any difference. Otherwise, I'll have to call tech support and I hate having to do that. :-[

anon(292241)

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I reflashed the tab firmware and the dock has decided to begin charging again (not sure the reflash had anything to do with that, though) but I still have no cursor and no two-finger scrolling. I emailed ASUS customer support and they replied that if the problem persisted, I'd need an RMA to return it. I don't know whether they meant the dock, the tablet, or both. I'm emailing them back to find out.

I think I may contact Newegg customer service and see if I cannot return it as defective for a new one and let them deal with ASUS on a defective product.

I have been unable to find a dock firmware file to reflash it. If I could, I'd try that first. I dislike having to return hardware for software problems.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Fwiw I updated my tablet when it was not docked. When I llater plugged in the dock it discovered the dock and told me it needed to upgrade the dock firmware. It upgraded and rebooted.

Sent from my NOOKcolor using Tapatalk

anon(292241)

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I had read of people who flashed the tablet while docked and had problems. When I decided to update, I undocked, updated, rebooted, docked, updated the dock, and rebooted. LOL, I've had problems ever since.

itslame

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
received my Dock today; plopped the pad on, prompted me to update (which I did), shut down the TF and restarted....fully functioning. Keyboard, Touch pad and keyboard charges. No problems.

I have to say that nowinstock.com rocks. I bought both from Walmart after receiving a notification and received the units within 4-5 days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CsPerry