Keyboard lag is really pissing me off...

Iamazn

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I recently just switched to the LG Optimus T from a Samsung Gravity 2. I loved my new phone at first, but now I am tempted to switch back due to the horrible keyboard lag...
Swype:
Nice aesthetics, but lags horribly. It constantly freezes on me when I type fast, and I don't like "swyping".
Android Keyboard:
In my opinion, it looks horrible, but that's not the point. I really, really dislike the "auto complete" feature that's located inbetween the keyboard and textbox. It's also a pain to hit the comma key. Also lags a bit, but nowhere near as bad as the swype.
My questions:
-Is it possible to use the Swype Keyboard but have "swyping" disabled? I think fast typing confuses the phone into thinking that it's being swyped, causing lag.
-Is there another keyboard that doesn't lag too badly?

Andrew Spinelli

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Do what darkknight says, or flash this kernel. The main problem is that the stock kernel has a bug that causes 15-30% CPU utilization when screen is pressed. Makes games/swype/just about everything substantially slower. This kernel fixes (or nearly fixes) that bug.

Also, if you prefer not to make the jump to CM7 (Gingerbread based), which makes voice recognition not work anymore, you can flash this rom, which I found to be pretty nifty. Either way you go, it will be a gigantic improvement over stock rom and kernel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej