KitKat 4.4.2 Running Great on the Epic 4G Touch --- Yes, it's true!

mxman420

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, 4.4.4 is running, got (finally)) the right gapps, and this thing just seams to be flying. Seriously never had is so responsive. THANK YOU SO MUCH for your help. If you're ever in the Philly area I'll buy you a few beers.

MiloDinteraz

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Kit-Kat 4.4.2 Running Great on the Epic 4G Touch --- Yes, it's true!

In case my browser is paging the forum display differently--and I know this can happen with vBulletin, at least, can you tell me the approximate post count where I should start looking for the steps?

ETA: Are you referring to these instructions, in post #770 by capota in the XDA thread?

ETA: Added the hyperlinks from the XDA-Developers forum thread; not all that easy since I'm not yet permitted to post in dev threads there, meaning I can't just hit "quote" and get all the hyperlinks at a single click automatically. No express or implied warranty is given, including but not limited to subsequent changes or corrections in the other forum.
So I'm currently on GB27 with AGAT recovery. Am I right in thinking that I can skip the first 2 steps in the XDA thread instructions and just start with the "Jellybean Format all" step and work my way through to Villuminati?

MiloDinteraz

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Kit-Kat 4.4.2 Running Great on the Epic 4G Touch --- Yes, it's true!

Seems like the answer is "yes"
Running Viluminati, now I just have to figure out all the friggin settings...

rseiler

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Which ROM are you on and which were you on when it was last working?

What version modem are you running? You should be on FL26 or below.

Abdullah Al-Baadani

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
How to get to FL26 modem...
Cuz the "phone" process stops "or something like that!" whenever I try to get mobile data activated!!!
Please, Help meeeeeee guyzzz!!
I have GS5 by the way, but I really luv ma old sweetheart!! :D

Fopedush

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone know where I can get a 10.2 zip for this process? Cyanogen isn't distributing any 10.x versions for the D710 anymore. All I can find is CM11, but I don't have a new enough version of CWM to install this.

rseiler

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone happen to retain a copy of CM 10.2 (Hood Pope) that they can share?

I'm going to need it because I have to go back to stock to update PRL/profile, and the EG4T-EL29-directbootCWM-v3.tar.md5 that I'm going to be using to get back to stock will leave me with CWM5, which is too old to allow me to flash back to CM11 afterwards. That's why I need 10.2 again as an intermediary step.

Thanks

rohnn

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Anyone know where I can get a copy of CM 10.1 or 10.2?
Is it still required as a step before flashing CM 11?
I've been looking "everywhere" but all links are dead.

rohnn

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Hey, thanks for the reply.
I couldn't flash philz CWM, but I managed to flash AGAT Recovery. The thing is I don't know if it's the right recovery for flashing CM 11. I'm running 4.0.4 ICS FL24. Do you think I should flash another rom or kernel first so I could get the right recovery?
Any ideas I'd greatly appreciate it.

rseiler

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I don't know, as I've never used it. You could always try it and see. If it doesn't work, it'll probably fail in a harmless way like older versions of CWM do. If it works, then you'll have the new version of CWM from that point forward, since flashing CM11 automatically gives you CWM.

Failing that, Philz really is near the end of the above thread: http://adbtoolkit.com/recovery/imag...sph-d710/unsorted/philz_touch_6.19.3-d710.zip