Knox update

Soundman72

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
Dear customers,

Thank you for using My Knox.

As previously announced, we will end support for My Knox on 19th December 2017. You will not be able to download My Knox from any app store after the end-of-service date.

You may use My Knox on your mobile device until you uninstall the application. However, you will be unable to log in to the My Knox portal to remotely manage your device (e.g. to reset your My Knox password or unlock My Knox).

If you have a phone that runs the Android N OS, we recommend transferring your private data in My Knox to Secure Folder*, available at Google Play or Galaxy Apps, and on new Samsung phones such as the Galaxy Note 8. We also recommend backing up your My Knox data first, and restoring the data after you set up Secure Folder.

To back up My Knox data, go to My Knox Settings > Backup and restore > Back up My Knox data. Please note that a Samsung account is required to use the My Knox backup and restore feature.

If your phone does not support Secure Folder, then please back up the content to outside My Knox (e.g. using the Move to Personal mode feature).

For more information regarding My Knox termination, please visit My Knox FAQ .

We hope you have enjoyed your experience with My Knox. Samsung is committed to continuous innovation to provide you with the highest-quality products and services.

* The availability of Secure Folder varies, depending on region and carrier, even for N OS devices.

Sincerely,
The Samsung My Knox Team

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
What happens to folks who have phones that haven't received Nougat? I have a friend with an AT&T prepaid Samsung phone that hasn't received the update/upgrade, but does use My Knox.

(When the Note 7 got recalled I went back to my N5. I was using My Knox. Then Secure Folder became available for the N5. Until the N8, I was using BOTH My Knox AND Secure Folder. One for financial info, the other for medical, etc. I do use Secure Folder on my N8.)

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Using My Knox and/or Secure Folder was like having two or more separate phones in one, but hidden. Kind of reminds me of having an encrypted TrueCrypt drive.

Get you, I should have known this as a note 2,3,4 user but never gave a sh.t about anything Knox as I usually rooted and used custom rooms anyway

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Get you, I should have known this as a note 2,3,4 user but never gave a sh.t about anything Knox as I usually rooted and used custom rooms anyway
I've had the Notes 3, 4, 5, 7, 8 and 10.1 and 12.2. I only first heard of it with the N7. Never knew or understood what it was on all those Notes, lol.

And thru all those Notes, I've yet to have the pinolis to root one of them!