Kudos to "the shack"

c_dub

May 19, 2010
Visit site
normally, i think of stepping foot into radio shack . . . and honestly, i probably won't be back for a while (online deals are too sweet) . . . but, i have to give some major love to the dudes that helped me out this morning with getting me my EVO, and setting it up . . . great customer service - thanks to my boy gerald in madison heights, mich - - nice work bro!

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Usually I go in there for hobby parts (thermal paste, flash drive, flux-capacitors) and they are generally fine. Maybe not too informative. I plan on buying my phone at whatever store has them in stock.

PlainOldMike

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
normally, i think of stepping foot into radio shack . . . and honestly, i probably won't be back for a while (online deals are too sweet) . . . but, i have to give some major love to the dudes that helped me out this morning with getting me my EVO, and setting it up . . . great customer service - thanks to my boy gerald in madison heights, mich - - nice work bro!

Just wondering, did you get to use all the discounts?
1. $10 survey coupon
2. $20 accessory credit
3. 15% or 10% (depending on time) accessory credit

justinsaneeeee

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I did not like there selection for cases or screen protectors Id rather pay the 30 bucks for s nice one at best buy and best buy by me are giving out plantronic bluetooths so it is a win win situation : )

leonffs

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Usually I go in there for hobby parts (thermal paste, flash drive, flux-capacitors) and they are generally fine. Maybe not too informative. I plan on buying my phone at whatever store has them in stock.

I always thought their flux capacitors were kind of hit or miss. Sometimes it's better to just make it yourself.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

So what do you use to power that baby with man 1.21 gigawatts is alot of power... I'm Sure there will be an app for the Evo Soon enough to output something like this...

Def need to be Root User though... :cool:

AnthonyBell

May 26, 2010
Visit site
yea they're selection of evo stuff was slim to none. but i used the discount and the card and got tons of stuff for the pre users still in my family. it was like clearance christmas lmao

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Radio Shack in Newark Delaware gets two thumbs up from me, I walked in their store at about 8:50AM, I got their last EVO! the guy that set me up was very nice and helpful, walked me through the ins and outs on Android devices, and he put my Zagg screen protector on too. very good transaction

theiphonewannabe

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site

If you really wanna have some fun, call "the Shack" and tell them you have been looking around at every hardware store you can and everyone is sold out of Flux capacitors... and then have them go look and see if they are in stock.

Ok, so yes I am older than 5, but sometimes the 5 year old wins.

GumboChief

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
1. $10 survey coupon
2. $20 accessory credit

I was unable to use my $10 survey.

He said the system would not allow him to apply it on the phone, and the charger I had was less than $10, out of pocket ($20 credit + 15% off)

I figure I might be able to use it on something before the 27th of june

JoshUng

May 7, 2010
Visit site
1. $10 survey coupon
2. $20 accessory credit

The Radio Shack by me had to call everybody back with an early appointment because the mall that its in won't open their doors until 9:30 (which makes RS being open at 7 kind of moot) so they said they'd extend the 15% discount all day.

I can't go for about 3 hours, I hope they meant it.

FractalSphere

May 28, 2010
Visit site
YES! Jerry, the manager of the Radio Shack at 1 S. Wacker downtown Chicago who got my phone up and running today was excellent! He treated the phone gently, was professional and didn't dawdle and made sure I was happy before he was getting on to the next anxious EVO convert. :p

I did have them give me a screen protector - it's good, and we'll see if I develop a dislike for it. Even if I do and swap to a different brand or whatever, the screen has been protected for this time.

itzhobbes

May 22, 2010
Visit site
for some reason at the radio shack i went to they would not sell the phone w/o a $100 warranty. the guys working there were like if you want to call corporate here's the number, they set up a line just so you can complain to them about it but they don't care.