hakeem5

Dec 17, 2017
Visit site
I was JUST about to create a post about this lag. Something is definitely not right to have lag delays for so long. I was going to say it's probably the ram in our 3gb model but I have two work phones running on 2gb ram and never got lag this bad.

When it just freezes with lag (at random even if I haven't used the phone for an while), I check the ram and there is still 1.5gb free so it's not a ram issue, must be a software issue. A few times a day it'll take an app a full 60-90 seconds to launch and everything will be at a snails pace for the next 5 minutes. If anyone has any tips it'll GREATLY be appreciated.

Seanetta

Sep 5, 2017
Visit site
I was JUST about to create a post about this lag. Something is definitely not right to have lag delays for so long. I was going to say it's probably the ram in our 3gb model but I have two work phones running on 2gb ram and never got lag this bad.

When it just freezes with lag (at random even if I haven't used the phone for an while), I check the ram and there is still 1.5gb free so it's not a ram issue, must be a software issue. A few times a day it'll take an app a full 60-90 seconds to launch and everything will be at a snails pace for the next 5 minutes. If anyone has any tips it'll GREATLY be appreciated.

I have the UK model with 64 gig and 4 gig ram and get the odd small stutter but nothing bad. The one thing that I am getting is main settings often taking ages to open and crashing all the time. I have tried everything but still it does it

hakeem5

Dec 17, 2017
Visit site
I started with the factory launcher and had the severe 45-60 second lag with opening certain apps so I switched to my favorite (Action launcher) and the homescreen lag is reduced but it still randomly freezes up sometimes. Mainly happens upon waking up the device after I haven't used the phone in an hour or so, everything gets bogged down like crazy for about 10 full minutes.

dby2011

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Have had my USA Honor 7X (bought directly from Honor) on T-Mobile for the last 5 days. Very little lag at all. So far the phone has been excellent. I switched to Nova Launcher last night and the phone actually seems even smoother. I suspect those that have lag may have some app that may not be working well with the Kirin processor maybe?

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
Have had my USA Honor 7X (bought directly from Honor) on T-Mobile for the last 5 days. Very little lag at all. So far the phone has been excellent. I switched to Nova Launcher last night and the phone actually seems even smoother. I suspect those that have lag may have some app that may not be working well with the Kirin processor maybe?

Could be. I don't have anything out of the ordinary on my phone (I'm not even running Nova, which is normally one of the first things I install out of the box) and my phone flies. It's an impressive performer for the price.

dby2011

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
When the Mate 9 came out some apps didn't work correctly because of the Kirin. Netflix was one of them from what I remember. Updates fixed that. I do wonder since apps are programmed for the Qualcomm chips that maybe some of the apps may have issues with the Kirin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enid