Latest AT&T Lollipop Update - Battery Problem

Note4user

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
I was just wondering if anyone has had problems with their battery after the latest AT&T Lollipop update of 4/14/15. The other night my phone went from 100% to 48% overnight. I did not have any problems whatsoever after the 1st Lollipop update. In fact, I loved it and the battery life was great. Today I cleared the cache hoping that would help, but so far it has not. I guess I just need to do a factory reset, but I dread having to go through the process of it. I've heard of people having problems with the 1st Lollipop update, but not the 2nd one. Anyone else having this issue?

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I was just wondering if anyone has had problems with their battery after the latest AT&T Lollipop update of 4/14/15. The other night my phone went from 100% to 48% overnight. I did not have any problems whatsoever after the 1st Lollipop update. In fact, I loved it and the battery life was great. Today I cleared the cache hoping that would help, but so far it has not. I guess I just need to do a factory reset, but I dread having to go through the process of it. I've heard of people having problems with the 1st Lollipop update, but not the 2nd one. Anyone else having this issue?

Both Lollipop updates went well for me. I did clear the cache on the second update and I have no problems whatsoever. A "bad" app can cause a battery problem.
Have you installed any apps recently?
Have you tried pulling the battery and restarting the phone?

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I haven't had any issues at all with both Lollipop updates that AT&T has released. In fact my phone is faster and I have increased battery life. It may be an app like the previous post stated. I don't have many apps installed on my phone as I only download apps that I use on a daily basis.

Posted via the AT&T Note 4

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Well, on my s5 and note 4, both have problems.

I believe you. My guess is that it may be an application that's causing the problem. Or, maybe clearing the cache partition will help.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4

tltami60

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Problems? Wow... bigtime! Of course, my update was the 17th or 18th. Android & AT&T update.
Now battery wont hold a charge for long AT ALL. Also, doesn't charge correctly, plus dropped my favorite launcher, 3D HOME.

Posted via the Android Central App

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
anyone having battery "problems" need to go into settings - applications - application manager - then select google play services - wipe cache , and google play store - wipe cache. After you wipe both, reboot your phone, this should help.

If not, pay attention to your battery stats, if your phone shows that it is awake when the screen is off that means there is an app that is running while you are not using the phone. Normally this isn't a big deal, but if it looks like the awake time is solid color/majority of screen off time, you have a rouge app/bad battery app.

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I believe you. My guess is that it may be an application that's causing the problem. Or, maybe clearing the cache partition will help.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4

I've tried clear cache and reset. No change. I mean, when I was on kitkat there was no problems, after updating to lollipop, I didnt install anything new and still use the phone the same way since kit kat. And I notice crashes, battery life is not as good, slight slow response at times. I'm aware this is a software issue, not a hardware issue.

catberryday

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site

Yes. For me it started with the first lollipop update. Battery has been flakey. Sometimes I get excellent battery life. Then suddenly it will drain like mad. I have done factory reset and cache wipe. Didn't help. My screen gets real hot as well. The auto dimming isn't acting right either. Screens stays dark after I wake it up almost to the point I can't see anything then brightens a lot if I adjust it a small amount.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Note4user

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the responses and suggestions! I followed tsells' advice yesterday and turned the phone off and took the battery out. That seems to have helped a lot. Maybe that's what it took after I cleared the cache yesterday, which really didn't help. My phone went from 100% to 78% overnight, so that is a significant improvement. This morning I also cleared the cache on google play services and google play store as bizzle69 suggested. I don't think the battery problem has anything to do with an app, since I haven't downloaded any recently. I also try to limit the number of apps that are running. I knew there was no point in contacting AT&T about it since they would suggest doing a factory reset from the beginning. I guess I'm being stubborn, but I only want to do that as a last resort. lol

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the responses and suggestions! I followed tsells' advice yesterday and turned the phone off and took the battery out. That seems to have helped a lot. Maybe that's what it took after I cleared the cache yesterday, which really didn't help. My phone went from 100% to 78% overnight, so that is a significant improvement. This morning I also cleared the cache on google play services and google play store as bizzle69 suggested. I don't think the battery problem has anything to do with an app, since I haven't downloaded any recently. I also try to limit the number of apps that are running. I knew there was no point in contacting AT&T about it since they would suggest doing a factory reset from the beginning. I guess I'm being stubborn, but I only want to do that as a last resort. lol

Great I'm glad we can help and if you have some free time try a factory reset. It isn't so bad and worth it especially if you were having issues. I didn't experience any issues before wiping my system cache or factory reset but did it anyway and I did notice a slight improvement in preformance and battery life.

Posted via the AT&T Note 4