latest Prime update 9.4.2.28

ba4g

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Hey just loaded this up. While I know nothing about it, seems like the Prime is running a tad smoother.:confused:

Twist747

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I would love to know what this update included? Maybe it can "rub off" on my GNex to to show a little love there...

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

ba4g

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Just checked over at Transformerforums and they're jazzed about it mostly. Also apparently a face unlock feature with the front cam is now available in security settings.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey just loaded this up. While I know nothing about it, seems like the Prime is running a tad smoother.:confused:

Wish my Prime wasn't a brick so I could enjoy it. Just shipped it out yesterday to get it fixed under warranty.

Also apparently a face unlock feature with the front cam is now available in security settings.

While this is neat, and I look forward to checking it out, I hope the update included something more substantial.

griff7774

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I too receivethe update as well. Cannot find what was fixed. Any clues?

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I too receivethe update as well. Cannot find what was fixed. Any clues?

Looks like a performance increase. And, that wait/force stop message that popped up all the time when web browsing. Chrome Beta is apparently better. Also WiFi is improved apparently. :-\ And, it also looks like some update to GPS, but, not sure what it was.

I look forward to getting my Prime back, because, the performance and wait/force stop were always a big issue.

Pocketables – ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime updated to 9.4.2.28, gets lots of goodies

Reactions: griff7774

TheFamous310

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
This update worked miracles on my Prime, so far. I've been playing N.O.V.A. 3 now with no issues at all. Before I'd be abe to play for a few minutes, maybe 5 if I was lucky before the screen would ficker and cause the game to shut down (this would happen to me with all graphics intensive games like shadowgun, riptide, gta 3, etc). I was playing the game last night and today for extended lengths with no issues! I'm so happy now. Havn't tested it on other games yet tho (I don't want to be disappointed just yet bc I have low hopes for gta 3). Plus, my wifi strength has significantly increased based on speedtest results from a few months ago compared to today.

So all in all a fairly awesome update for me, and a new face unlock feature is pretty cool too. Works like a charm.
Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Devinator

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Plus, my wifi strength has significantly increased based on speedtest results from a few months ago compared to today.

Glad to hear you confirm this. My strength and speeds aren't terrible, but, they aren't great. I look forward to them being improved.

Firespyer

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Mines installing now. Sad that Asus updates my prime so much more frequently then my galaxy nexus on Verizon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Mines installing now. Sad that Asus updates my prime so much more frequently then my galaxy nexus on Verizon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

If your Prime had an LTE radio in it and was using Verizon's network, it wouldn't be getting updated either. The fact that it's a wifi device that doesn't have a different model for every other carrier really helps a lot with getting updates out in a timely fashion.

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
All is well with my Prime after the update.

On a different note I showed my father in law my Prime + Keyboard combo and he was very impressed by it. He uses both Android and Apple devices but his tablet in an iPad 2 with a bluetooth keyboard. I have a feeling next time I see him he's gonna be sporting the tf300 combo.

Sent via my Galaxy Nexus
60% of the time, It works every time!

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
On a different note I showed my father in law my Prime + Keyboard combo and he was very impressed by it.

Yea, everyone at work always thinks I have a tiny laptop. Then when I say no, undock the tablet and hand it to them, they are like, "woh..." Then we proceed to talk about how awesome it is. :D

Reactions: flipbeats

Firespyer

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Since the update Chrome beta still sucks, and crashes every few min, and I have noticed after watching videos the flickering issues from 2 updates ago are back.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

bud52

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Since the update, I'm having all sorts of screen flicker issues. Stock browser, gallery, fb, etc.

Anyone else?

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Since the update, I'm having all sorts of screen flicker issues. Stock browser, gallery, fb, etc.

Anyone else?

I never had flicker issues in the past, but after the update I started getting flickering in some apps, most noticeably Twitter. Also, when using the dock the mouse pointer would sometimes disappear in the app while moving it, but then reappear when it wasn't moving.

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I had some minor screen flickering prior to the update, haven't noticed any yet on this update.

As for the Chrome issues it sounds like they are planning to address it on the next release.

Sent via my Galaxy Nexus

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
My Prime has gotten buttery smooth since the update. No more hiccups...at least, so far. I had some screen flickering before but that is gone completely.

Jussumguy88

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
My Prime has gotten buttery smooth since the update. No more hiccups...at least, so far. I had some screen flickering before but that is gone completely.

for the most part this has been my experience with the new update. i was over on XDA reading a bunch of posts about people having issues with the new update. but since i've updated i've been able to watch, maximize and minimize flash videos.(which always caused my prime to crash before). i haven't had a random reboot in 70 hours....prior to this update that was UNTHINKABLE. lol. ALso my browsing experience is great, no flickering screen like i once had before. I never really had a problem with games working, so that's nothing new. But like i've been saying...i'm satisfied with this update overall. It feels like my prime is running the way its supposed to. WIFI is good, but still not as great as I would like it to be. but that's mostly a hardware issue....

Jussumguy88

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
All is well with my Prime after the update.

On a different note I showed my father in law my Prime + Keyboard combo and he was very impressed by it. He uses both Android and Apple devices but his tablet in an iPad 2 with a bluetooth keyboard. I have a feeling next time I see him he's gonna be sporting the tf300 combo.

Sent via my Galaxy Nexus

lol. i had an ipad 2...gave it to my girlfriend...was too sold on the prime & i don't regret it. =D on topic....28 is just what the doctor ordered 4 me.