Laza Zcell 3240mah HTC Rezound 4G Extended Battery + Back Cover

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Laza Zcell 3240mah HTC Rezound 4G Extended Battery + Back Cov

no signal issues at all with the laza back in 4g. virtually the same readings as the htc extended back.

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site

ok so signal strength has been reported. summary is with Laza back better 3g dbm than the standard back by about -5dBm. 4G essentially the same.

how long does it last? well today I am on the second overnight full charge on this battery - day one it seemed to be ok a bit weaker than the HTC extended battery. day two it feels stronger than the HTC extended battery. very pleased.

will report back after another few overnight charges.

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site

after a few days this battery really does feel noticeably better than the regular extended. on top of that it never gets hot. the temperature reading seems to be broken as it never changes from 70-71 degrees no matter what (using battery indicator pro) - however it has never gotten more than warm unlike my two regular extendeds.

very pleased with this purchase

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

Well, any update with this battery's performance? Since the Mugen 4000mAh seems to not be an option.........;)

Dionysusfan

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site

I have also decided to get this battery. So far very pleased (I have not used the HTC extended so can't compare.) I have 1 more day before the battery should be fully conditioned.

On my standard battery I was having to plug in at about 6pm or I would start getting into the danger zone of running out of juice before bed. This was running wifi most of the day 4g for maybe an hour or 2. If I used Google navigation I HAD to plug into a car charger.

To give an example of my new battery I'll run you though my day yesterday. Woke up and pulled phone off charger around 6 running on wifi. Probably an hour of playing a game on my phone also checking of mail and socialscope until noon for lunch. Drove 20 minutes with Navigation to lunch didn't plug in. Lunch + Shopping for about 2 hours on 4g. Drove home again with navigation not plugged in. i think I played another 2 hours of games on my phone plug web browsing and social media before I went to bed at 11 and still had enough charge that I wasn't worried about my phone dying before bed.

If someone has a request for a more standardized test (like running netflix on 4g or something) let me know and i'll see what I can do.

Oh side note. so far my phone has felt cool to the tough at all times even after playing temple run for several minute which used to start getting super hot on my original battery.

Only down side I have seen is I have had to reboot my phone because although I had full signal it wouldn't actually load any web pages. I don't know if this actually has anything to do with this phone or the back cover. It just happened once I put in the new battery so i figure i should mention it just in case.

TL;DR so far happy with my purchase.

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site

mine is still humming along nicely. once in awhile i will put in my regular standard slim battery and use it if i am going out just for a shorter while at night for example. i will say that the laza never gets more than slightly warm to the touch. the few times i went back to a stock battery, that phone could get pretty darn hot.

avs1121

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I bought the standard size batteries from Laza and they work just fine. Mine came with 2 batteries, case and wall charger. I'm happy with it.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

GWILKS

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site

I'm on the fence between getting the oem extended battery or this laza one. The laza has an obvious 400mAh more then OEM, same size, and supposedly?doesn't get as hot as oem., while still having the same if not better reception.

So little bump for this, what's your follow up on the battery now? And is it a better option than the OEM?

Dionysusfan

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site

I honestly can't compare to the OEM but I have been very happy... does any one know of a battery test someone on the OEM did that I could recreate on my phone?

Dionysusfan

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site

ok so in the mugen extended battery thread some one did a test to compare his batteries, http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...677-mugen-4000-mah-battery-2.html#post1796846 from the info he gave I tried to recreate his test as well as I could.

The final result after streaming the first 4 episodes of south park on net flix over 4g with the brightness set to 50% (i used headphones because i do not have an external speaker) 76% battery left and the phone was 21.1C (using the info from the same widget)

This makes me think I did something different or wrong because not only does this beat the OEM extended but also the Mugen 4000. I may try to send the original tester a message to compare our test results just in case.

btw this is on a stock phone not rooted or updated to ICS

GWILKS

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Well that would kinda make sense that it was better than the oem and mugen because it has more mAh than oem, and I heard the 4000mAh mugen one is overrated and sucks lol

This one may/hopefully just be the real deal

sent from my HTC Rezound

yellar

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Since finally getting ics running properly on my phone with the HTC extended battery I'm getting amazing results. Been on WiFi all day but still.
48c07e15-12a8-0390.jpg
48c07e15-12bc-fa50.jpg

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Lol Froob

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the continued updates guys. I am definitely going to get one of the Laza Zcell 3240mah Extended Battery and Back Cover combo.

I just have one question. Lets say I wanted to remove my extended battery and put my normal battery in. Would I remove the extended battery plus the extended battery back cover and then swap it with the OEM back cover and OEM battery? Or, would I just swap the batteries, not the back covers.

If I am required to switch to the OEM back cover, how will the OEM Extended Battery Case/holster and Kickstand combo fit to the OEM back cover?

Thanks!

GWILKS

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm only on my 4th cycle with the battery and I love it so far, can't go wrong with it imo. Where I was usually charging my battery at 30ish percent around 6pm,it now lasts till midnight with between 40 and 50 percent.

As for the answer of your question. Idk lol I can try it tomorrow and let ya know

sent from my HTC Rezound

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the continued updates guys. I am definitely going to get one of the Laza Zcell 3240mah Extended Battery and Back Cover combo.

I just have one question. Lets say I wanted to remove my extended battery and put my normal battery in. Would I remove the extended battery plus the extended battery back cover and then swap it with the OEM back cover and OEM battery? Or, would I just swap the batteries, not the back covers.

If I am required to switch to the OEM back cover, how will the OEM Extended Battery Case/holster and Kickstand combo fit to the OEM back cover?

Thanks!

you could do either one. the battery will work fine with either cover. they are essentially identical. in my case, the LAZA one gave better reception.

Lol Froob

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

As for the answer of your question. Idk lol I can try it tomorrow and let ya know

sent from my HTC Rezound

Ok, thanks!

you could do either one. the battery will work fine with either cover. they are essentially identical. in my case, the LAZA one gave better reception.

Will the extended battery fit in the normal back covering? Sorry for not being clear.

Also, in addition to the extended battery shell/case holster combo do you think I should get a regular Seido Active case. In other words, is the extended battery case from HTC good enough for heavy handling and usage?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manujws00