News Leaked Samsung contract reveals demands for user data from repair shops

HeyRadar

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't see an issue with Samsung getting basic info about your device repair. Most of the info they probably get from the wireless carriers or other means.

That sounds no different than what a car dealer would get when you get your car serviced. It could be helpful for Samsung to know this to make their devices better.

I do have a big issue about the "disassemble" if 3rd party parts are found. That is very wrong.

parksanim

May 4, 2023
Visit site
Thank goodness they REPAIR their phones. Companies like OnePlus, and other Chinese brands are seeing stores dropping them due to their complete lack of support for products and warranty service after the sale. India alone had a chain of over 900 stores with this severe problem.

And do you think Samsung doesn't have this information about customers, anyway? Good grief.

I also don't care for the excess glue in batteries issue, but remember that this is I-fixit we are hearing this from. They have just given up on a major portion of their business. I have a feeling the right to repair people will get on this soon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nssimpson