Leaving Apple for the World of Android

Egidio

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I just moved from an iPhone 4 to the Infuse! So far the only thing I really miss is the button I had previously thought was dumb.... the silent button on the side. It was great to just flip that.

Indeed that was easy, I agree. The closest I've found on the infuse is to press and hold the volume down button. It slides down to silent quickly. Another alternative is to press and hold the screen button (or whatever that is called). A window pops up with 4 options, one of which is to silence the phone.

rklimt

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I also just dropped my Iphone for the Infuse and don't think I will ever go back. This is a great platform---easy to use and just more intuitive. I really enjoy my phone now.

Software Guy

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
The only thing that is driving me crazy, and call is laziness if you want is when I'm texting there is not auto correct.

I'm very much enjoying the infuse otherwise. Now to just finish customizing it.

Egidio

May 24, 2011
Visit site
The only thing that is driving me crazy, and call is laziness if you want is when I'm texting there is not auto correct.

I don't text much, but is that only while you're texting? I mean the lack of auto correction. I get auto correction in email and Twitter. Could you have maybe disabled auto correction?

Software Guy

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't text much, but is that only while you're texting? I mean the lack of auto correction. I get auto correction in email and Twitter. Could you have maybe disabled auto correction?

It appears to be across the board. I do get suggestions if I use the android keyboard.

fleadog99

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
On the samsung keyboard make sure you have the T9 selected. Is should auto correct and show suggestions. I wish there was a way it would just underline the miss spelled words and let me correct. I hate auto correct. It almost always corrects to the wrong word I intended.