LED Notification Not Blinking

akronevan2

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I concur. It was lighting solid when I had the third party apps on the phone, but after I took them off it went back to flashing.

strtgng

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Gmail, text, and missed phone call all blinks with blue led. This is with charger unplugged.

When plugged in to charger, the led stays solid red. Haven't tried with charger plugged in but I believe it turns solid blue if I receive a notification while charging.

Go to LED indicator settings and you can un check the option to have the led light up while charging. But this won't solve the solid indicator issues...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

tomar264

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue. Whatsapp causes solids blue LED, google+ cause a solid greenish LED, google voice causes a solid purple LED, gmail and texts through the stock messaging system blink blue. I only noticed this in the last couple of days, was wondering if it happened after I installed swype beta, but could've been that way the whole time and I just didn't notice until today.

On an aside, there seem to be some issues with google+ instant upload too. Notifications don't always go away.

marlin29311

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Haven't had an issue - texts, emails, and gmail all glow blue when the screen is off, and my Kik messenger gives a solid green when the screen is off...

thepcpilot

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
This is a problem with most thrird party apps. The Led does not blink. It just stays solid red. It works fine on all the standard apps that come with the phone. It's only on 3rd party installed apps. Hopefully Samsung will address it.

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
This is a bug on all North American GS3s. Samsung changed something about the LED controller as compared to the international quad core units. There's a long discussion about it at the Light Flow website.

montanaxvi

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Go SMS is my main culprit as well for a solid light. I'm about to get rid of it anyway because I'm sick of it crashing and wanting to send in error reports all the time

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

dj hidroid

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I used the lightflow paid version on my gnex but haven't really had the desire to set it up on my GS3. The notifications blink because I have it set that way unless the phone is plugged in and charging. I also have the vibrate reminder enabled so when I've missed a call or any kind of notification or text I get a nice little reminder when I pick up the phone. Yet another awesome feature that was packed into the S3.

ms007

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I installed hancent, the blue led was blinking correctly. Later I uninstalled handcent. Not sure when my LED issue came up for text messages, but mine wouldnt blink blue or stay solidl for text messages. In the stock message app, I hit the 'options' --> settings, and then hit 'options' button again. Then I hit the "reset default values". After doing this, it now blinks blue for missed text messages.

off-topic

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
I dont have LightFlow on my phone (never had) and noticed that it doesnt blink for some and instead chooses a solid-always on notification. This has to be a battery drain. Anyone out there try LightFlow to see if they could configure the LED to work properly? Isnt that what the app is supposed to do?

For the first time I have a phone with different LED colors I would like to set them up right. iPhone users are on their like 5 version and still no LED notifications lol:)

Sorry to inform you but my old iPhone 4S has perfect working led notification.
Now I own a Galaxy Note and it has no led notification.
But, there is an app for that....
Flash Blink

Have fun.
:-!

iwannabeMD

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone! I just want to find out whether anyone else is experiencing the same problem that Ihave with my GS3. I'm running on JB 4.1.2 and most of my LED Notifications are working, except when I record audios. I remember that feature used to work (on JB 4.1.1) back then. I've tried to check/uncheck the option a lot of times, I also restarted my phone but it didn't solve the problem. Actually I don't really mind if it didn't work, but there are times that it bothers me. Could there be a problem with my unit? Or with the software itself? Thank you so much!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shirlysmith44