Left the Droid Charge and Verizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

angieutc

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
My title says it all. It really just became too much to deal with. Before Verizon, I was with AT&T for well over a decade and despite their many faults (and there are many!). I could always count on having a phone that worked, GPS worked, and calls sounded crystal clear.

I just didn't get those things from Verizon (went through a total of 8 count them 8 phones for various issues) and it pains me because I KNOW they are the better carrier. Hopefully, one day I will be able to return.:'(

Good luck with your Charges! :D

P.S. Oh! I have a Samsung Infuse now and I LOVE it! It's huge......that's what she said -- hee hee!

mboverst

May 15, 2011
plus.google.com
Good luck with your new phone and AT&T.

Quick question, where are you located? It's rare that Verizon has worse call quality and less dropped calls than AT&T. It's also strange that GPS is better on the AT&T phones.

angieutc

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Good luck with your new phone and AT&T.

Quick question, where are you located? It's rare that Verizon has worse call quality and less dropped calls than AT&T. It's also strange that GPS is better on the AT&T phones.

Chattanooga, TN. I know it's strange. But the GPS and call quality is much better on AT&T for me. Maybe it's the phone itself????

atlantar6

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
P.S. Oh! I have a Samsung Infuse now and I LOVE it! It's huge......that's what she said -- hee hee!

Haha, I just got rid of the Infuse after 19 days and got the Charge! I was absolutely sick of AT&T speeds of 1-1.5mps. Network errors, a full 5 bars yet no service, dropped calls, etc. I would literally sit in one place and see 5 bars, then 2, then 4, then 1 over a span of 10 minutes. Now I get good service and saw 14mps down yesterday.

Hope your AT&T experience is better than mine. Loved the phone, hated the service.

chadness

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
It's very hit or miss based on location. I had a feeling you'd be jumping ship. Good luck, Angie! Glad you got something that's working well!

zman6900

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't blame you. My first Charge I bought brand new and my screen would randomly change colors from blue to red to green to yellow. They sent me a certified like new factory replacement, the damn thing has burnt out pixels. WTF Verizon???

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
My title says it all. It really just became too much to deal with. Before Verizon, I was with AT&T for well over a decade and despite their many faults (and there are many!). I could always count on having a phone that worked, GPS worked, and calls sounded crystal clear.

I just didn't get those things from Verizon (went through a total of 8 count them 8 phones for various issues) and it pains me because I KNOW they are the better carrier. Hopefully, one day I will be able to return.:'(

Good luck with your Charges! :D

I'm sure there's another phone you could have picked from in Verizon's lineup... but ok. Enjoy your dropped calls. Glad you could come back to this section of this forum and brag about it.

angieutc

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure there's another phone you could have picked from in Verizon's lineup... but ok. Enjoy your dropped calls. Glad you could come back to this section of this forum and brag about it.

You know you have a real nasty attitude. Now I could "go there" with you and really let you how I feel or I can take the high road and not bother. I think I will do the latter, but don't test me.

You know it always amazes me how people like you sit behind your little computer or tap on your "smart" phone and make wise-a** comments, however if confronted in person, I bet you would clam up like the coward that you are. You ADD NOTHING to these forums, and I hope the moderators look at your contribution and how inflammatory you are.

Oh! Have fun with your 3rd charge and white lines across the screen. I'm sure you will match the number of replacements I've had soon. I'll be enjoying my phone on a network that works. Boop!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.