LG G2: Screen shut off

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
So this past Saturday, I selected the "Dual Video Screen" recording option, but then changed my mind. I hit the back button my phone to lock it, and I tucked it in my pocket.

A few minutes later, I pulled the phone out again and tapped the screen. Nothing. I tried again. Nothing.

Nothing I did would get the screen to illuminate. I tried pressing the back buttons, nothing.
I had my boyfriend try to call the phone to see if that would wake it up, and nothing.
I would've rebooted the phone (as I did so many times with my iPhone), but I realized I didn't know how to do that without the screen!
This lasted for about two hours, and then it suddenly started worked again.

Overall, I've been overjoyed with this phone and have not missed my iPhone 4 in the slightest. (I actually found myself cursing out the ridgedness/inflexibility of iCloud yesterday.) But this was a weird little encounter... has anyone else had a similar problem?

Last edited by a moderator:

AZDroid

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Screen shut off

I just tested this on mine and had no issues with mine locking up like yours did. Normally to restart the phone you just hold the power button briefly and then select power off, restart, etc but if your screen won't come on try holding the power button longer, 10-15 seconds to force a reboot.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I've never seen something like this lasting 2 hours and never experienced anything like that with my g2. But on other phones I've had it go into some type of loop like this where it eventually crashes and restarts the phone.

When you say it suddenly started working again, did it come back on to the video recorder on back like it restarted?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

Illustrator Joe

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
So this past Saturday, I selected the "Dual Video Screen" recording option, but then changed my mind. I hit the back button my phone to lock it, and I tucked it in my pocket.

A few minutes later, I pulled the phone out again and tapped the screen. Nothing. I tried again. Nothing.

Nothing I did would get the screen to illuminate. I tried pressing the back buttons, nothing.
I had my boyfriend try to call the phone to see if that would wake it up, and nothing.
I would've rebooted the phone (as I did so many times with my iPhone), but I realized I didn't know how to do that without the screen!
This lasted for about two hours, and then it suddenly started worked again.

Overall, I've been overjoyed with this phone and have not missed my iPhone 4 in the slightest. (I actually found myself cursing out the ridgedness/inflexibility of iCloud yesterday.) But this was a weird little encounter... has anyone else had a similar problem?

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Probably just a very odd bug that you won't even be able to replicate it you tried. Actually my wife's phone 5 did something similar. She was using snap chat and multi-tasked to a different video app and the camera froze and the phone forced itself off. We couldn't get it to restart until plugging it into a computer when we got home. Now it's fine.

ಠ益ಠ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts