LG G3 3500 mah batteries?

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: lg g3 3500 mah batteries?

Did you read the article this week of the 13 year old girl that slept with her Samsung phone under her pillow that started burning and even burned the pillow due to cheapo battery? What if the phone burned while she wasnt sleeping, just woke but phone left on bed while in another room? Burn down the whole house.

I'm waiting for a more well known company to put one out for the G3 or live with the one that came with the phone before I buy a cheapo off of ebay.

Think of buying super incredible long-lasting Chinese cell phone batteries off of ebay that won't ship out for 20 days as an adventure.:)

shnweller

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site

I bought this very same battery from Amazon. It does NOT last any longer then the stock battery. At least I didn't notice it lasting longer. Says you have to drain completely and then charge to 100% 3 times to calibrate. Who knows

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

Won't this require a different back plat for the thickness difference?

Posted via Android Central App

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site

I bought this very same battery from Amazon. It does NOT last any longer then the stock battery. At least I didn't notice it lasting longer. Says you have to drain completely and then charge to 100% 3 times to calibrate. Who knows

Lithium Ion batteries require no conditioning.

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site

Lithium Ion batteries require no conditioning.

Exactly.
I'll pass. Most of these Chinese batteries use cells that are seconds or rejects and the capacity is actually less than the original.
Do you trust your $600+ device to some cheap, crap Chinese battery?

I'll wait until a legit company comes out with one.
For my Galaxy S4, I bought an Opteka high capacity battery. Opteka is an aftermarket pgtography equipment company so I felt safe.
The battery is a year old and has performed like OEM.

So if Opteka makes one for the LG G3, I'll buy it. Everyone else, I'll be suspect.

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site

Just got them in, def needs some calibrating(I hope) since the first full cycle is only getting about 7 hours of life with 2.5 hours of screen time.
Will repost results after a few cycles, but so far, I don't have high hopes for these.

sojodave

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site

I got my Super Duper Long Lasting 3500 muh Chinese Batteries in the mail yesterday. They fit in the LG G3 and are the exact same size as the regular batteries. It says on the website to let them go through three full cycles recharging them all the way and let the drain out each time. I noticed a significant increase in battery life on my LG battery after three charges. I'm willing to give it three charges to see how it holds up. FYI, the charger is kinda cheesy and It took three hours to charge the Chinese batteries. I'll probably use these for backup batteries on trips and not for daily use. I'll report after three charges.

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site

I got mine as well and they are still terrible after 3 full charges, about half of what the stock battery got. I emailed the seller on ebay and complained. I will try one more cycle and see how they do, but overall, not surprised for the money.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Did you read the article this week of the 13 year old girl that slept with her Samsung phone under her pillow that started burning and even burned the pillow due to cheapo battery?

Yep.... I thought of the same thing. When it comes to these powerful LiPo batteries, I wouldn't screw around. Quality control issues are rampant with those no-name batteries and you do NOT want one of these things to fail anywhere near you, anyone you love or anything you put a value on. Cheap LiPo batteries are BAD NEWS. All those stories of stuff going all spritzen sparken.... if I was a betting man, I'd wager that a fair number of them were running cheap-o batts they bought online for pennies on the dollar or in some sketchy bodega.

rahxephon

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
lg g3 3500 mah batteries?

Counterfeits will no doubt start showing up as well. This is one situation where id be okay to pay for oem through ATT or LG.

I'm really hoping that the slim external chargers will be available.

Last edited:

swimfan1

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

I got mine as well and they are still terrible after 3 full charges, about half of what the stock battery got. I emailed the seller on ebay and complained. I will try one more cycle and see how they do, but overall, not surprised for the money.

waiting for your next update :)

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

I just ordered a 3850mAh from ebay for $19.95 shipped.
U.S.A NOT China!!! (shipped from not made)

I will let you guys know how it stacks up once I get it.

Also for the people saying they don't trust ebay, if you use any card with a visa/m.c. logo you are covered.

I buy from both ebay and amazon and have had no problems.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia