Lg G3 is it still worth getting?

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday I got an LG G3 as a work phone, sicne I have an S6 as my personal i figured i'd pass on an S5 and go with another model I've always had an interest in. Man you know what, the G3 is awesome even for now. Right beside my S6, the G3 looks fantastic and I can see where the G4 is going to be a nice competitor for the S6. The color is a little washed out, doesnt compare to S6, but otherwise overall its fantastic phone.

Yeah, I think a G3 would serve someone well for up to 2 years even starting now. The only thing that bugs me (and at this point I've gotten used to it) is the "washed out" or less contrasty/bright screen. This can of course be helped a bit by changing the Color Adjustment (I just assume every G3 owner knows this but you know what they say) Settings - Accessibility - Color adjustment -> I set my circle with the word "Camera" in the middle and it helps things imo

koves

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I think a G3 would serve someone well for up to 2 years even starting now. The only thing that bugs me (and at this point I've gotten used to it) is the "washed out" or less contrasty/bright screen. This can of course be helped a bit by changing the Color Adjustment (I just assume every G3 owner knows this but you know what they say) Settings - Accessibility - Color adjustment -> I set my circle with the word "Camera" in the middle and it helps things imo

Thanks! I didn't know this! Looks much better now :)

Posted on my LG G3 via the Android Central App

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I find the home screen looks more washed out than actual media content. Movies games etc. seem to have brighter colors and better contrast.

methodtoll

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
Off of curiosity, does anyone have the "Blue Steele" edition from Best Buy? I tried looking at the pictures online and it looks more violet or purple on my phone.

Also, if you do have that particular color, what covers go well with it?

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Off of curiosity, does anyone have the "Blue Steele" edition from Best Buy? I tried looking at the pictures online and it looks more violet or purple on my phone.

Also, if you do have that particular color, what covers go well with it?

I have it. It's more of a dark royal blue. It does look halfway to purple though lol

Posted via the Android Central App

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Actually, it made me realize how little I use them. With the knock on / knock off feature, I don't need the power button except when turning the phone (not the screen) off and on, and I realized that I don't mess with the volume that much, surprisingly. When I do use the buttons it's fine. Don't let that be the deciding factor. :)

Does the buttons on the back not seem a wee bit awkward?

Jim

Last edited:

PrePixiLove

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I have a G3 as my main phone and I love it! The build quality isn't "premium" feeling, but it's light and rather comfortable. It's also fast. It's a great device and it's definitely under rated.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Actually, it made me realize how little I use them. With the knock on / knock off feature, I don't need the power button except when turning the phone (not the screen) off and on, and I realized that I don't mess with the volume that much, surprisingly. When I do use the buttons it's fine. Don't let that be the deciding factor. :)

I use the back buttons all the time. Not to wake up the phone, but to adjust the volume - especially when wearing headphones and the phone is in my pocket, phone jack/micro usb facing up. Also to end calls. In fact I can't imagine using a phone without buttons on the back. It's nothing less than ingenious.

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I love the buttons on the back. Prevents accidental button presses when I hold the sides and just seems like a more natural placement. I have the down button programmed to launch the camera from off, and the up button to directly call my girlfriend from off. So convenient.

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the idea. I forgot that that was even a feature. I downloaded Key Plus and made some custom shortcuts for the buttons.

I love the buttons on the back. Prevents accidental button presses when I hold the sides and just seems like a more natural placement. I have the down button programmed to launch the camera from off, and the up button to directly call my girlfriend from off. So convenient.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, I have pretty much decided to go with this phone now, I was just curious.

Jim

Just one thing... Kitkat is very solid so stick with that if you absolutely need the phone working 100%. The next update of Lollipop will fix things - memory leak in the current version of Lollipop 5.01. That's for all phones (not just LG) and carriers.

I have 5.01 and everything working fine (except for T-Mobile wi-fi calling a little messed up) but many others are having problems.

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I use the back buttons all the time. Not to wake up the phone, but to adjust the volume - especially when wearing headphones and the phone is in my pocket, phone jack/micro usb facing up. Also to end calls. In fact I can't imagine using a phone without buttons on the back. It's nothing less than ingenious.

Agree on the back buttons. I'm fully converted and the only time they are 100% superior is when your phone is lying on a table. Then you can double tap to wake and I have a drop-down volume slider for these situations.

Using them in your pocket while on headphones is great. I use it to adjust volume and jump forward/backard in podcasts and books. It's so easy to find them right through your pocket. I get strange looks sometimes but I care not.

finbaar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Buttons on the back and headphone socket on the bottom are the ideal placement for me. When I use my L930 I am always pressing the camera in an attempt to already volume.

Jim3rg

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone,
I contacted my provider today with a view to getting an LG G3 on contract, turns out I have now negotiated same minutes/texts/data package for a black LG G4 for £5 less per month than I am currently paying, so tomorrow I am taking delivery on a brand spanking new LG G4. I may not surface for most of the day tomorrow.

Jim

rayfornario

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
You get used them. I was turned off at first but now have gotten so used to them; that it seems more intuitive now. Easier to use then buttons on the top or side.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oldersod