LG G3 Lose a signal bar every time I unlock! AT&T!

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I know I've been having signal issues with AT&T. I'm waiting on a replacement.. My only other question is, I've noticed when I'm on the lock screen, before I even unlock the phone I'll have 3 bars or 4. As soon as I unlock it completely, it will always drop one bar every time I unlock. Anybody else have this issue?

sbeil

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
I have had this happen aft different times. I have talked to ATT about signal and they have been doing some work on their end. It wasn't my phone. Better signal now thatcthey did whatever they did.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I have had this happen aft different times. I have talked to ATT about signal and they have been doing some work on their end. It wasn't my phone. Better signal now thatcthey did whatever they did.

I'm debating whether to keep this phone.. I'm still getting a replacement to try. I'm going to see if it's the same if it is, I'm going to keep my new one. But this morning I lost LTE and just had 4G. Until I toggle airplane mode on and off again. It's really annoying. It'll pick up LTE again sometimes but not all the time.. I think the radio in this phone sucks. I have noticed that the past few days it has been better..

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Replacement still the same..
I work at att advanced tech support for network relations... Specialize in iPhone and Android. If you want I can look at all the towers in your area and see if there is a problem. Just send me your zip code.

Posted via the Android Central App

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I work at att advanced tech support for network relations... Specialize in iPhone and Android. If you want I can look at all the towers in your area and see if there is a problem. Just send me your zip code.

Cool thanks bud. It's 32164. I called tech support again last night. After on the phone for an hour, they had the wrong imei number in the system and they said my sim card was not in network for lte. I really think they are blowing smoke up my *** because I was upset. They said give 24-48 hours and my phone sound be working great. Makes no sense why my wife and daughter have lte and I don't until I toggle airplane mode or data on and off. We will see. I told them if it still acts up, I will be demanding a different brand phone and a be one..

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Cool thanks bud. It's 32164. I called tech support again last night. After on the phone for an hour, they had the wrong imei number in the system and they said my sim card was not in network for lte. I really think they are blowing smoke up my *** because I was upset. They said give 24-48 hours and my phone sound be working great. Makes no sense why my wife and daughter have lte and I don't until I toggle airplane mode or data on and off. We will see. I told them if it still acts up, I will be demanding a different brand phone and a be one..

No problem... Yeah I am not going to say what they told you was wrong.... But let's just say they are lacking knowledge Haha. I will look into it for you and I will let you know what's going on in your area today.... As I work on the weekends... Fml

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
No problem... Yeah I am not going to say what they told you was wrong.... But let's just say they are lacking knowledge Haha. I will look into it for you and I will let you know what's going on in your area today.... As I work on the weekends... Fml

Thanks I appreciate it greatly. As this is my second G3 with the same issue..

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks I appreciate it greatly. As this is my second G3 with the same issue..

Alright you are surrounded by good up and running towers. If the device is losing connection after unlock then it could be a sim card issue. Have you been into an att store to get a free replacement sim yet?

xamadeix

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Alright you are surrounded by good up and running towers. If the device is losing connection after unlock then it could be a sim card issue. Have you been into an att store to get a free replacement sim yet?

Hey dude can you check me out? 02343 Holbrook, MA I'm having terrible signal here

Posted via LG G3.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

Yes sir. Tried a new Sim a few days ago. Still same issue.. Something tells me it's not found to be fixed. Since the replacement did the same not sure if it's the phone, hardware or software.
From your expertise, Has anybody after their 14 days return policy and after having so many issues with the same phone, ever requested a new different brand phone? I'm on the Next plan too.. Think this is what its coming to. Thanks for checking on it for me. I appreciate it..

xamadeix

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Yes sir. Tried a new Sim a few days ago. Still same issue.. Something tells me it's not found to be fixed. Since the replacement did the same not sure if it's the phone, hardware or software.
From your expertise, Has anybody after their 14 days return policy and after having so many issues with the same phone, ever requested a new different brand phone? I'm on the Next plan too.. Think this is what its coming to. Thanks for checking on it for me. I appreciate it..

Did you confirm your IMEI with them?

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site

Ok pm me your imei, iccid, and phone number and I will see what I can do. Iccid is sim number BTW just in case.

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey dude can you check me out? 02343 Holbrook, MA I'm having terrible signal here

Posted via LG G3.

You have a downed tower towards the middle of town that has a planned restoral date of tomorrow morning at 0200, this is causing a reroute of cell phone users to other towers causing a strain. This tower is right off of Abington Ave

xamadeix

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
You have a downed tower towards the middle of town that has a planned restoral date of tomorrow morning at 0200, this is causing a reroute of cell phone users to other towers causing a strain. This tower is right off of Abington Ave

Thanks dude! Really appreciate it!

Posted via LG G3.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Well after a hours of trouble shooting with AT&T tech and to one of our best forums bud mvp4him3 for trying to help.. My LG g3, is going back. They tried to register it with the network and kept coming up error.. Would not work. Been 30days on LG g3 number 3..So AT&T after negotiating with customer relations is giving me the option of a new different device.. So I will be moving on from here. I appreciate all you guys help, and will continue to chime in...