LG G3 Screen issue

Unilize

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
On my LG G3 I have this issue where it randomly click and hold random parts of the screen, sometimes lock it and a part of the screen is not responsive (always at the right side of the screen around the letter K and the erase key on the keyboard and a bit further up the display)

What makes stuff spaz, get clicked and held seems to be while applying pressure at the part where the LG logo is just underneath the soft keys (the menu button, home button and the back button). Even the slightest touch around that area makes the phone go haywire.

Attached an image that shows where the screen does not respond.

Attachments

• 1435176224743.jpg
    1435176224743.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 22

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
That area where the logo is contains the cable that connects the digitizer (what handles and processes touch input) to the phone's motherboard, so to speak. It sounds like your cable is either loose or malfunctioning.

See this picture below for reference:

GPL15002-2.jpg

Unilize

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
That area where the logo is contains the cable that connects the digitizer (what handles and processes touch input) to the phone's motherboard, so to speak. It sounds like your cable is either loose or malfunctioning.

See this picture below for reference:

View attachment 183388

Thanks for the reply.
It is so stupid how this suddenly came up. I have neither dropped nor have my device exposed by unnormal amount of pressure, as far as I know. Could it be that this issue became because of the heat that the LG G3 emits. Is this a known issue or an issue that is common?
So stupid how a device cannot even hold for 6 months with normal usage, I need it to hold for at least 2 years as I have a contract going on. I also have these really fine cracks going through the plastic bezels, I know this is a well known issue and they do not really bother me that much but could this be repaired or could I get the G3 exchanged without problems?

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.
It is so stupid how this suddenly came up. I have neither dropped nor have my device exposed by unnormal amount of pressure, as far as I know. Could it be that this issue became because of the heat that the LG G3 emits. Is this a known issue or an issue that is common?
So stupid how a device cannot even hold for 6 months with normal usage, I need it to hold for at least 2 years as I have a contract going on. I also have these really fine cracks going through the plastic bezels, I know this is a well known issue and they do not really bother me that much but could this be repaired or could I get the G3 exchanged without problems?

I just recently had an issue where a band of about 1 cm going across the screen in the middle stopped responding to touches. I have since contacted Verizon since my 1 year manufacturer warranty is still good for another 20 days or so (Such luck!) and they are shipping me a replacement. Certified Like-New Replacement. It should arrive this afternoon, and I have to ship them my old one. I went in the Verizon corporate store Tuesday evening and they processed it that day.

I strongly suggest you go visit your carrier and see if they will give you a warranty replacement since this is failed hardware under normal use. Avoid if all possible sending your phone into LG for a replacement, as this will leave you without a phone for about 2 weeks. Carriers usually proactively ship you a replacement.

Since you have the cracks in the case, and this is a recognized manufacturer defect addressed by LG officially, there shouldn't be too much of an issue getting a replacement. I do not think this is a common issue, however. I have not seen a lot of reports on failing digitizers for the G3. Good luck!

Unilize

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
I just recently had an issue where a band of about 1 cm going across the screen in the middle stopped responding to touches. I have since contacted Verizon since my 1 year manufacturer warranty is still good for another 20 days or so (Such luck!) and they are shipping me a replacement. Certified Like-New Replacement. It should arrive this afternoon, and I have to ship them my old one. I went in the Verizon corporate store Tuesday evening and they processed it that day.

I strongly suggest you go visit your carrier and see if they will give you a warranty replacement since this is failed hardware under normal use. Avoid if all possible sending your phone into LG for a replacement, as this will leave you without a phone for about 2 weeks. Carriers usually proactively ship you a replacement.

Since you have the cracks in the case, and this is a recognized manufacturer defect addressed by LG officially, there shouldn't be too much of an issue getting a replacement. I do not think this is a common issue, however. I have not seen a lot of reports on failing digitizers for the G3. Good luck!

So if I got this right I should talk to my carrier instead of LG to get a replacement of my phone?
My english is not really the best so I kinda do not understand everything that easy.
Thanks for the help!

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
So if I got this right I should talk to my carrier instead of LG to get a replacement of my phone?
My english is not really the best so I kinda do not understand everything that easy.
Thanks for the help!

Depending on how good your carrier is, I would opt for them first. That is, if you purchased the phone through them.

If you purchased it outside of your carrier, then you will most likely have to go through the manufacturer, LG.

Unilize

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
Depending on how good your carrier is, I would opt for them first. That is, if you purchased the phone through them.

If you purchased it outside of your carrier, then you will most likely have to go through the manufacturer, LG.

I think it is bought by a reseller but with a contract from the carrier that I now use. If that makes any sense?

I guess I should still go to the carrier?

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I think it is bought by a reseller but with a contract from the carrier that I now use. If that makes any sense?

I guess I should still go to the carrier?

If they did not sell you the phone, I'm not sure they will supply you with a replacement.

However, they can help you work with LG to get a replacement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995