LG G3 will not turn on

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have read similar threads. Nothing seems to work. After 2+ years of great service I woke up and the phone would not turn on. Black screen, no leds. I switched batteries with my wife's G3 that was fully charged and still will not boot up.

There was one recommendation that partially worked. I pulled the battery and left the phone overnight (off charge). The phone started to boot. Got the LG splash screen and it went black again. Leaving the phone again over night I tried again. This time I booted into the recovery screen. I was going to try a full reset. Only problem was the screen went black before I could make my selection.

Does anyone have any additional suggestions?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

I'm not sure if the LG G3 is one of the models, BUT certain LG phones were known for having a boot-loop issue. One solution I read about, and I DON'T necessarily recommend this, is to place the phone (covered in plastic PLEASE) in the freeze for a little bit, THEN try to boot it. Now your problem sounds a little different so this might not work, also its NOT a long time solution. Time for a new phone?

SJMaye

Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
Could be time for a new phone. Unfortunately the timing could not be worse. I am not sure about the boot loop issue in my case. Something I left out that could be pertinent is that the phone worked fine the day before. That night I placed it on the wireless charging cradle. The next morning I picked it up and noted it was cool to the touch. Normally it is warm if left on the charger. The screen was blank and would not come on. It had apparently shutdown overnight and would not restart.

SJMaye

Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
I'm not sure if the LG G3 is one of the models, BUT certain LG phones were known for having a boot-loop issue. One solution I read about, and I DON'T necessarily recommend this, is to place the phone (covered in plastic PLEASE) in the freeze for a little bit, THEN try to boot it.

That actually ALMOST worked. It booted further than ever before. Got to the Sprint screen then went black again.

The more I think about it a factory reset probably won't fix this, will it?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech