LG G4 Camera/torch/phonecalls not working?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello all

As the title says, i've recently ran into quite some troublesome problems.

First of all, and the first 'sickness' i've found out about was that my camera app was no longer working. At all. After 10 minutes on the web i went into my apps and cleared my camera app cache, restarted my phone and voila! My camera was working again!
But that didn't last long it seems, yesterday i encountered the same problem, but now there seems to be even wore than before.
Right now i'm sitting here staring at my phone wich seems to be literally dying slowly.

Problems:
1) Trying to open the camera app, it runs the app, i see the camera buttons on the bottom, screen is completely black, after 5 seconds the app crashes and i get the notification saying "Unfortunately, camera has stopped". I tried clearing the camera app Cache multiple times to no avail.
2) Torch/flashlight no longer working. It says "Flashlight unavailable while in Camera or Apps using flash". That's it for this one i guess.
3) And possibly the worst problem of them all, this is a double.
If i recieve phone calls the usual menu displaying the number/name and the option to Answer/Decline no longer shows up on my screen! The phone just rings as usual, my screen turns on but instead of that menu, it only shows my homescreen/lockscreen with no option to see the caller or answer (thank god it's got auto-answer sensor).
The second problem of this one is the fact that i CAN make phonecalls, but even here the menu displaying the number etc. is not showing up on my screen, instead while the call is ongoing i am left with an active screen of the last place i used (phone contacts) and while talking on the phone i can accidentally touch all sorts of buttons with my ear and end up doing god knows what. This is a very severe problem for me as i'm left with a 'disabled' phone that i think is beyond repair, but i just need to ask as i have developed a connection to this little thing. I've had it for over 5 years i think and it's been very good to me until this point. I wanted to do a factory reset, but that would mean losing a lot and i mean, a LOT of things, and i also read some people did the same and still the problems persisted.

Android version: 6.0
Kernel version: 3.10.84

Trying to update the software for a long time, it always said i ran the latest patch available, yes i know the phone is kinda old.
Could it really be i need to put the little one to rest finally, and get a new phone? Is this even something fix-able?

Thank you very much in advance for any information provided!

Dany

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez