LG G4 Free 100GB of Google Drive Storage for Two Years

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
A LG G4 promo. I took it just to have it. I like one drives UI and upload features better though.

Posted via the Android Central App

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Free 100GB of Google Drive Storage for Two Years

In the old Google+ Photos app, it would ask if I wanted to backup a folder.

It's a but more clear if you use the new, standalone Google Photos app. From the menu, choose Device Folders. At the top right of each folder, there's an auto upload button.

In the Device Folders I don't see the auto upload button.

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tipTardis! I already have 100 GBs on Google Drive so I'm not sure I'll use this, but it's nice to have.

As far as choices for photo backup Google Photos has some quirks but I like it because of the auto enhancements and auto awesome stuff.

You can also select which folders get backed up, and it's actually now easier to find with the new update. However, so far I think it's backing up folders which I've specifically told it not to, so I'll have to play around with it some more.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tipTardis! I already have 100 GBs on Google Drive so I'm not sure I'll use this, but it's nice to have.

As far as choices for photo backup Google Photos has some quirks but I like it because of the auto enhancements and auto awesome stuff.

You can also select which folders get backed up, and it's actually now easier to find with the new update. However, so far I think it's backing up folders which I've specifically told it not to, so I'll have to play around with it some more.

I read it backs up photos still even after deleting the app. I don't use google+ so would I still have this issue with the new photos app?

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I read it backs up photos still even after deleting the app. I don't use google+ so would I still have this issue with the new photos app?

You might not. I just read the AC article about the new photos app, and in the comments people mentioned that even though Photos is now a separate app, Google+ still has its own backup settings. I just verified that this is true.

On another note, from reading the comments I just learned that all of the features I liked about the previous Photos service are now gone. I'm pretty pissed at Google right now.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
With all the phones I bought back when Dropbox had promotions I racked up 300GB and never really used it.

I got the 100GB last night but I don't have use for these services.

SHIFT_thirty two S6

Lamensterms

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Free 100GB of Google Drive Storage for Two Years

So I've been using Google Drive for automatic backup of photos and really do not like it. It uploaded all of my album cover art - and every other jpg that it could find on my phone regardless of location or relevance.

However I'm also using to manually to select folders with jpgs on my local machine and uploading that folder. Then make a link and share only that folder. This works great!

Is there a a way to restrict auto upload from a specific folder(s) such as DCIM? If not this is a huge fail for Google and makes auto upload a nuisance..
Have you tried apps like FolderSync? It allows you to create folder pairs of local folders to sync with Google Drive folders. So you can pick which folders are backed up to Google Drive. It has options to delete the source content so it will effectively be transferred to your cloud storage. Works with Dropbox and others too. You can even set up local syncs, for example... I have a folder pair set up which will transfer local folder content to my external SD card (as there are a lot of browsers and other apps which don't support saving to the SD).

Works well, on Lollipop too.

sata

May 2, 2015
Visit site
Is there a way to gift this offer to someone, friend or even someone I do not know?
I don't have use for this.

Also, if I decide to redeem it say in 3 months from now, will I have it free for 2 years from the day I redeemed it?

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I activated mine but I highly doubt that I will use it. I pay for Office 365 monthly, so I have unlimited onedrive cloud storage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware