LG G4 - Screenshots over sharpening?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Screenshot over sharpening?

I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about. I checked my screen shots and the text looks identical to the original viewing.

tgjosund

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Default lg gallery app oversharpens images?

Wow didn't know that. And I did experience this first hand last week. Scenery looked very good in gallery, however when posted online it was "blurry", or not what I expected. Thought it was just that the uploaded image did to retain size etc.

Indeed the case that they oversharpen the images in the gallery.

Thanks for the clarification.

tgjosund

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Screenshot over sharpening?

What if you open the same screenshot on a different app than the default gallery? Any difference?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Thoughts on gallery oversharpening?

Apparently some phones like the g4 and the s6 oversharpen images in their galleries- I definitely notice this on the g4. What are your thoughts?
First they treat us like idiots, now they're treating us like morons?

There are enough photo manipulation apps out there to sharpen images if we want the image sharper - Gallery should display the image as it is, with no enhancement at all. I guess this modification is for people who take blurry pictures and never look at them in anything but Gallery - they can now think that the camera is taking clearer pictures.

I wish they'd leave all the working things alone and put their efforts to really making phones better.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Janvi212