LG G4 shows erratic behavior when Mobile Data is on

Sarmad Riaz

May 15, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

I have been using LG G4 [H818P] with Android 6.0 for the past one year. I have recently started facing ghost taps, and erratic behavior with my phone. Initially I thought it was software related and I did a factory reset, however the problem persisted. Then I removed the screen protector, thinking that was messing up the touch screen but the problem remained.

For the past few days, I have turned off the mobile data (3G) and only use WiFi for internet and I have not faced the issue of ghost taps / erratic / crazy behavior.

Have any of you guys faced similar issues?

Is heating up of the phone, when using mobile data a common / known issue with LG G4? Any solutions for resolution of this issue?

I have to travel frequently in my line of work and I can't afford to turn off Mobile / Carrier data connection forever. Would appreciate any help / guidance.

Thanks,
Sarmad

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you saying that when you used mobile data, the phone would heat up, and then you'd see that erratic behavior? One possible explanation is that your cell signal is poor, thus causing the phone to heat up as it tries to maintain that signal while you're using mobile data. The overheating might then lead to malfunction.

Sarmad Riaz

May 15, 2017
Visit site
Hey, thanks for the response!

I don't think overheating is the cause of erratic behavior (ghost taps / crazy behavior (apps opening randomly)). I have faced the overheating issue (when using mobile data) since the beginning (Mar 2016), however, this erratic behavior is quite recent.

It is quite possible that frequent overheating, due to poor quality mobile data signals, may have affected some hardware, but how can I verify that? Any way to diagnose faulty hardware?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if there's an easy way to pinpoint a hardware issue. One thing to try first is to boot into Safe Mode and see if any of these problems happen then. If they don't, then some 3rd party app you installed might be causing the instability. I know you did a factory rest already, but if you immediately reinstalled all of your usual apps, the offending app might still be there causing problems. https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28997

BTW, thanks for registering -- when you get a chance, head over to the Introductions forum and tell us something about yourself! http://forums.androidcentral.com/introductions/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whytefrank