LG G4 vs G3

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
In my specific example of why I contacted them, it is about the LG Camera app, saving even to internal memory, and people on different carriers were able to reproduce the problem.

And they still seem very indifferent to actually trying to learn about the problem by doing simple testing for it themselves, which does not instill confidence as a user, I guess.

They asked me to send my phone in, but have not actually tried to reproduce the apparent bug themselves.

If, for discussion, this issue affected other her phones too, how about grabbing one at their facility and checking for the problem on that one? The test takes 30 seconds. If it also shows the problem, do your investigating based on that.

I understand what you're saying, many factors can contribute to issues. I'm not trying to dismiss that. But my example appears to involve just LG stuff, and the touchscreen issues also appear quite widespread. For them to take an apparent "It can't be due to our stuff" approach seems questionable, to me.

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
And they still seem very indifferent to actually trying to learn about the problem by doing simple testing for it themselves, which does not instill confidence as a user, I guess.

They asked me to send my phone in, but have not actually tried to reproduce the apparent bug themselves.

If, for discussion, this issue affected other her phones too, how about grabbing one at their facility and checking for the problem on that one? The test takes 30 seconds. If it also shows the problem, do your in For them to take an apparent "It can't be due to our stuff" approach seems questionable, to me.

Sounds very typical. Can't tell you how many times a tech support feigns complete surprise to hear about a problem that isn't just all over a forum like this, but in news stories. They're like "What?? We've never heard of that". If they did, they'd be on the record admitting a problem they're going to have to spend time (money) fixing.

Doohickie

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
So I just found my first minus. My WinPhone had great integration with my car's Bluetooth- not only could I make and receive calls, but I could also read and respond to text messages using voice commands. With my G4 all I get is voice, and after some searching around on the forums here it looks like although I can get apps that will read text messages to me, there's no way for me to respond to texts with original messages (only a small number of auto-generated replies appear to be possible).

+1 to WinPhone on this one.

Other than that, everything thing is fab.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Sounds very typical. Can't tell you how many times a tech support feigns complete surprise to hear about a problem that isn't just all over a forum like this, but in news stories. They're like "What?? We've never heard of that". If they did, they'd be on the record admitting a problem they're going to have to spend time (money) fixing.

Oh.. the corporate two step. Everyone does it... They deny they know anything about a problem, or that it is just some isolated case.. then all of a sudden, out of nowhere, they fix it and stand back and look upon their work proudly. LG, Samsung, Apple, you name it... they all do it.

Doohickie

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
I had both on T-Mobile - G3 and G4. You can pretty much ignore spec comparison and reviews IMO. The G4 is superior to the G3 in just about every way, and the G3 is a very good phone, even on Lollipop. My G4 has better call quality, better data/LTE signal, sound/audio quality is about equal - both very good. On T-Mobile the G4 has LTE band 12. The subtle curve on the G4 is nice.

The camera is excellent. I'm so glad I made the switch.

I'm so glad I followed your recommendation. Lovin' the G4 so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001