LG G6 Specs (So Far rumoured)

MittenSportsFan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Can't see why they would get rid of the IR blaster, but the FM radio gets disabled by carriers like Verizon, so seems like a waste of money to include it anymore. It would totally SUCK if they got rid of the removable battery! Honestly, how freaking thin do these phones need to be??
Now that all the carriers are allowing Next Radio the FM chip isn't quite as important.
The IR Blaster is very important to me as I use it everyday on my V10.
I'll probably wait on V30 but interested in checking out G6.

MittenSportsFan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
That was definitely my initial thought when i saw the screen size... i was like, but thats going to compete with its 'V' line of devices so i would presume LG would keep it around 5.2 - 5.3" inches and have the V30 or what ever comes next to have the 5.7" inch screen. Will keep my eyes peeled for any new information and update the post.
The V-Series will likely move up in screen size.
It seems like the larger phones are now moving toward 6.0".

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
i think the G2 had it, the G3 you could buy a flip cover back that had it, and same for the V10, you could buy a different back. I really wanted the V10 to have that

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
i think the G2 had it, the G3 you could buy a flip cover back that had it, and same for the V10, you could buy a different back. I really wanted the V10 to have that
I wish LG made a qi charging cover for the v20. I would not try a generic version. I don't need fast wireless. Just regular speed

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
anyone see any rumors of wireless charging? I have not, and that sucks, i really would like that feature

I did some more Google'ing of this and found a rumor roundup on Android Authority that said it might have wireless charging and even mentioned it in one of those teaser videos from LG. They also said it might have 2 versions, one all metal, and one glass like a Samsung

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I imagine that a glass backed one would be needed if you want wireless charging. Not for me...hateglass backs. But the all metal one is fine. I hope they have it in colors I like. I also hope it will be unlocked.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I imagine that a glass backed one would be needed if you want wireless charging. Not for me...hateglass backs. But the all metal one is fine. I hope they have it in colors I like. I also hope it will be unlocked.
Why does it have to be glass to have wireless charging?

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Well water resistance is confirmed pretty much from this video lol.

Check out @LGUSAMobile's Tweet: https://twitter.com/LGUSAMobile/status/831608534525689856?s=15

This is one of the features I'm hoping for more and more in devices. So many of my friends have complained that their iPhones were dropped in water and then died. Being able to use your phone while its raining is so awesome and almost increases productivity :D Super excited for the launch. Hopefully LG can deliver. They certainly have 'promised' a lot of things.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
This is one of the features I'm hoping for more and more in devices. So many of my friends have complained that their iPhones were dropped in water and then died. Being able to use your phone while its raining is so awesome and almost increases productivity :D Super excited for the launch. Hopefully LG can deliver. They certainly have 'promised' a lot of things.

I can use almost any phone in the rain, however touch screens don't work well on any phone when wet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nasrulawal026