LG G7 moving from Galaxy S9. LG Mobile Switch nor SmartSwitch works

larciel

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Just got G7. Trying to move data from my sammy s9. I'm using the dongle that came with s9 and while S9 sends data and it shows 100%, nothing came through on G7. After few tries, screen on S9 says LG G7 has to work with Android File Transfer.. ???

Do I have to enable sthg on G7? or is dongle brand specific?

How stupid of LG to NOT include the dongle... Just a charger... for a $750 phone, this packaging is like $200 Moto g5

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I used an old Sammy dongle to transfer all my data and apps from my Pixel 2 to the G7. I installed LG Mobile Switch on my Pixel 2 and also enabled: Transfer Files in the USB settings. Make sure the dongle is installed on the G7 as the receiver. Took about 15 minutes.

deacon33

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I usually back up everything google wise, download SMS Backup and Restore to both phones, back up sms and phone data on old phone (it gets saved to your Google Drive), and restore it on the new phone. I put photos on an SD card. I've never had an issue with missing any data on the new phone this way.

msr360

Oct 30, 2017
Visit site
I usually back up everything google wise, download SMS Backup and Restore to both phones, back up sms and phone data on old phone (it gets saved to your Google Drive), and restore it on the new phone. I put photos on an SD card. I've never had an issue with missing any data on the new phone this way.

I go this route too when switching phones, sms backup and restore for text and call logs. What's app and Google photos are in the cloud.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kazank